Potential Outs

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
josie andrews

Re: Potential Outs

Post by josie andrews »

lucky 13 wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 1:19 pm Tommy, Bibby, Oli P, all seem confirmed as going then the maybe KPP this year or next and Batty(so I'm told is really 50/50)
Others I have are Isa Miskie not heard anything re Mago only what's been written on here. The other is Bevan that's some serious rebuild if they all come off.
Good thing the spine is still in place and it gives a real opportunities to put in final pieces in place to make us stronger.
Jai, Marshy Smith Custy Byrne Havard Singo Cooper Faz Powell Smithies.
Obviously two centres and a winger if Bev goes. Probably another back rower though KPP for a year and Smithies could do right side if Batty leaves. Havard Ellis to 13. I still feel we miss a trick at 9 and I'm not having a go at Powell. If we did bring another half in then Cust maybe if he's willing to do that role not sure on what his and clubs agreements involved. But something different off the bench the way we made yards against Leeds in the middle a good running 9 busts them up and we win for me.
If King and Wardle come in at centre and we do keep Bevan that does help cover.
We should be looking at quality signings.
KPP will be here next year.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
wgwr1999

Post by wgwr1999 »

josie andrews wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:17 pm
lucky 13 wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 1:19 pm Tommy, Bibby, Oli P, all seem confirmed as going then the maybe KPP this year or next and Batty(so I'm told is really 50/50)
Others I have are Isa Miskie not heard anything re Mago only what's been written on here. The other is Bevan that's some serious rebuild if they all come off.
Good thing the spine is still in place and it gives a real opportunities to put in final pieces in place to make us stronger.
Obviously two centres and a winger if Bev goes. Probably another back rower though KPP for a year and Smithies could do right side if Batty leaves. Havard Ellis to 13. I still feel we miss a trick at 9 and I'm not having a go at Powell. If we did bring another half in then Cust maybe if he's willing to do that role not sure on what his and clubs agreements involved. But something different off the bench the way we made yards against Leeds in the middle a good running 9 busts them up and we win for me.
As confirmed by both Matty Peet & the Newcastle Knights spokesperson who said they can't afford any fee.
CobraCraig

Post by CobraCraig »

wgwr1999 wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:52 pm
josie andrews wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:17 pm
As confirmed by both Matty Peet & the Newcastle Knights spokesperson who said they can't afford any fee.
I’m glad we’ve not rolled over and let him go without a fee, I do think it will be better in the long run to have another season with us, he’d probably be better having a couple more but it looks like next year will be his last for sure.
CobraCraig

Post by CobraCraig »

Pbickerstaff wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 1:51 pm Can’t believe ever Is complaining about Mago
He is the only prop who regularly passes in a tackle
Set a few tries up to
Let down by many other facets of his game though. I certainly won’t be giving up on him as he’s something different to the rest of the front rowers we have, I don’t mind his low minutes as we have others who can make up for that but I expect more impact than he is giving in his low minutes.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

wgwr1999 wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:52 pm

"can't afford". Patronising convicts.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Dan2266 wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:25 am Wakefield are interested in Isa & Halsall. Isa could very well be possible for them, I doubt (personal opinion) we let Halsall leave.

Toulouse are interested in Miski to replace Russell if he triggers his relegation release clause

My understanding is Isa, Thornley & Mago are the most likely of the first team to be joining Bibby & Partington in departing.
Mago signed a two year deal with an option of third so for him to leave someone would have to take his contract on or pay a fee.

Same for Miski.

If Wigan are trying to ditch a player or players one year into such contracts I can think of at least one contracted player who’s contact should be sold on before Mago’s. Of course someone would have to want to take him and I doubt there are any queues forming for you know who.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

CobraCraig wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:31 am
Pbickerstaff wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 1:51 pm Can’t believe ever Is complaining about Mago
Set a few tries up to
Let down by many other facets of his game though. I certainly won’t be giving up on him as he’s something different to the rest of the front rowers we have, I don’t mind his low minutes as we have others who can make up for that but I expect more impact than he is giving in his low minutes.
If you search for when he signed for Wigan you will find articles giving his match stats and he used to play regularly for 25 minutes at a stretch.

So it’s down to the coach how long he’s on the pitch at Wigan Given the number of props we have and the fact he keeps his place says Peet must be happy with his performance as it is. It would be very strange to ditch a player mid way through his contract who has played 24 games in his first season.

If we get rid of him we lose a ball playing prop and that takes the team backwards unless he was replaced by a similar player which I doubt we would.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

DaveO wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:14 pm
CobraCraig wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:31 am
Set a few tries up to
If you search for when he signed for Wigan you will find articles giving his match stats and he used to play regularly for 25 minutes at a stretch.

So it’s down to the coach how long he’s on the pitch at Wigan Given the number of props we have and the fact he keeps his place says Peet must be happy with his performance as it is. It would be very strange to ditch a player mid way through his contract who has played 24 games in his first season.

If we get rid of him we lose a ball playing prop and that takes the team backwards unless he was replaced by a similar player which I doubt we would.
Thats my opinion of Mago also, we just need more Mago out of him.

Maybe being hypercritical but the forwards as a unit are not balanced yet, removing Mago would make that worse.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

To me there's plenty more from both Mago and Ellis still have plenty more.to give it seems to me they can push on next season hopefully now they know what's expected of them
wgwr1999

Post by wgwr1999 »

fozzieskem wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:56 pm To me there's plenty more from both Mago and Ellis still have plenty more.to give it seems to me they can push on next season hopefully now they know what's expected of them
Mago brings something different due to his blend of size & skill but only gives you 20 minutes a game.

Ellis brings nothing that younger props don't. After an unbeaten reserve season, I'm sure there's more to come.