Potential Outs

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Mike
Site Admin

Re: Potential Outs

Post by Mike »

wgwr1999 wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:57 pm
Dreamteam wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:40 pm
wgwr1999 wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:59 pm

I'm not going to defame his name by saying this is factual information but I have heard he hasn't got the best track record in terms of discipline. For a young player who was getting all the plaudits when he was coming through to *allegedly* turn up to training drunk is not the type of player Wigan will waste chances on.

We're due a breakout outside back to come through. Tommo was the last in 2017.
Interesting that. We are definitely due one but once again this year it’s been the pack that’s set the platform for the backs in the reserves. 4-5 really good props
I have always said that England produces some of the best forwards in world rugby. It's the athleticism/size of the outside backs that we really lack compared to Oz. When you see English backs go to the NRL, they rarely stand out & some even get shifted out of position.

That's what makes Herbie Farnworth [6'3] & Dom Young [6'7] such exceptions.
Anyone who's big automatically becomes a second rower at wigan.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

wgwr1999 wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:59 pm

I'm not going to defame his name by saying this is factual information but I have heard he hasn't got the best track record in terms of discipline. For a young player who was getting all the plaudits when he was coming through to *allegedly* turn up to training drunk is not the type of player Wigan will waste chances on.

We're due a breakout outside back to come through. Tommo was the last in 2017.
Interesting that. We are definitely due one but once again this year it’s been the pack that’s set the platform for the backs in the reserves. 4-5 really good props
I have always said that England produces some of the best forwards in world rugby. It's the athleticism/size of the outside backs that we really lack compared to Oz. When you see English backs go to the NRL, they rarely stand out & some even get shifted out of position.

This is why I’m not too fused when nrl clubs snatch players anymore. If we can get good fees and they can develop them into good players how goods that for England. Makinson Percival farnworth young is a really good back line. Herbie world class I believe. Newman I think would go very well in the nrl as well if he could keep fit
wgwr1999

Post by wgwr1999 »

Mike wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:16 pm

Anyone who's big automatically becomes a second rower at wigan.
Thankfully, the centre options next year are very good in that regard:

Sam Halsall - 6'2
Jake Wardle - 6'3
Toby King - 6'3
Iain Thornley - 6'4
Kai Pearce-Paul - 6'5

Although I expect KPP to come off the bench as a forward.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Something must change out of that.
No way are ee having all those fighting for centre.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
wgwr1999

Post by wgwr1999 »

Kate83 wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:53 am Interesting that Isa is the face of the 2023 season-ticket launch if there’s a possibility of him leaving ?

Suppose we have to see what happens with French before we start letting Miski go anywhere - I’d keep hold of him anyway, we need squad depth across all positions.
Isa has been removed from the official announcement in place of Bevan. https://twitter.com/WiganWarriorsRL/sta ... hCyxfbM24A

It might be nothing more than common sense marketing but here we are.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

wgwr1999 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:42 am
Kate83 wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:53 am Interesting that Isa is the face of the 2023 season-ticket launch if there’s a possibility of him leaving ?

Suppose we have to see what happens with French before we start letting Miski go anywhere - I’d keep hold of him anyway, we need squad depth across all positions.
Isa has been removed from the official announcement in place of Bevan. https://twitter.com/WiganWarriorsRL/sta ... hCyxfbM24A

It might be nothing more than common sense marketing but here we are.
Isa still in the launch video at the end.
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

From comments in Wigan Today, Iain Thornley is clearly not expecting to be moved on next season. The worrying part for me was his hope that he'll be back two games into the new season at the earliest. It could of course be much longer than that and it means that he won't have completed a full preseason. I hope he's only being seen as a back up next year because I think he's showing all the hallmarks of an ageing player whose body just can't cope with the rigours of the game at the top flight. We really do need the Wardle signing to go ahead and it's worrying that it's still not been announced. Why should we delay it any further?
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

wgwr1999 I’ve sent you a private message can you read it please?
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
wgwr1999

Post by wgwr1999 »

josie andrews wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:53 pm wgwr1999 I’ve sent you a private message can you read it please?
👍
w.thomas

Post by w.thomas »

Someone send me a private message and reassure me Wardle is signing. The longer we hear nothing the less hair I have and my comb over is already shocking. It’s borderline cruelty 😏