“Surprise Signing”

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
CobraCraig

Re: “Surprise Signing”

Post by CobraCraig »

Dan2266 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:08 pm
josie andrews wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:58 pm
Dan2266 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:46 am "Kiwi internationals Jesse Bromwich and Jared Waerea-Hargreaves will be coming to Wigan on Tuesday 4th October for the recording of our next Loch Lomond Whiskies Legends series!"

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2022/09/ ... ond-event/

The first line of this almost gave me a heart attack on twitter yesterday, The link I've attached to the website obviously has a much clearer headline than the tweet did... :lol:
I’d already posted this on the Web Warriors forum under the Evening with Tommy & Maguire thread 😊
I just posted it in here because it made me instantly think "surprise signing" until I read further, then Id used a quote so also added the link, thanks Josie
It raised my eyebrows momentarily when I saw it when scrolling through Twitter yesterday.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

CobraCraig wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:12 pm
josie andrews wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:58 pm

I’d already posted this on the Web Warriors forum under the Evening with Tommy & Maguire thread 😊
I just posted it in here because it made me instantly think "surprise signing" until I read further, then Id used a quote so also added the link, thanks Josie
It raised my eyebrows momentarily when I saw it when scrolling through Twitter yesterday.
When I saw it I thought of how we where going to fit them under the cap,don't think moving Brad Singleton on would have made much difference :D
wgwr1999

Post by wgwr1999 »

fozzieskem wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:18 pm

When I saw it I thought of how we where going to fit them under the cap,don't think moving Brad Singleton on would have made much difference :D
Speaking of which, surely we have to get rid of a few before even entertaining a major signing?

I know we have a marquee spot available but just in terms of actual cash flow for the club, room is needed.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

wgwr1999 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:40 pm

Speaking of which, surely we have to get rid of a few before even entertaining a major signing?

I know we have a marquee spot available but just in terms of actual cash flow for the club, room is needed.
Do we have a marquee spot available?
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:50 pm

We will do when Batey goes to Redcliffe
wgwr1999

Post by wgwr1999 »

medlocke wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:08 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:50 pm

We will do when Batey goes to Redcliffe
I'm actually convinced you live in your own fantasy land, Med.

And if Bevan's contract is just under the marquee as Dan says, we have one spare.
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

It seems that the "surprise signing" certainly won't be Luke Thompson according to his quote on Serious About Rugby League today. Claims he's settled at his present club and looking forward to next season. With the Wardle news going quiet I do hope that's not it for next season. I still think we would benefit from another couple of signings.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

southportcdm wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:00 pm It seems that the "surprise signing" certainly won't be Luke Thompson according to his quote on Serious About Rugby League today. Claims he's settled at his present club and looking forward to next season. With the Wardle news going quiet I do hope that's not it for next season. I still think we would benefit from another couple of signings.
We need another centre. Can’t keep playing second rowers in the centre
StanleyJean1

Post by StanleyJean1 »

Barney841 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:18 pm
southportcdm wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:00 pm It seems that the "surprise signing" certainly won't be Luke Thompson according to his quote on Serious About Rugby League today. Claims he's settled at his present club and looking forward to next season. With the Wardle news going quiet I do hope that's not it for next season. I still think we would benefit from another couple of signings.
Agreed! Although I’m starting to doubt the Wardle signings credibility, I’ve not seen any articles from the any Rugby League outlets linking us with him. I think it’s highly likely we sign Whare which is the noise coming coming from the Rugby circles
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Barney841 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:18 pm
Maybe we are finally going with Halsall, if we continue to make do with 2nd rowers it makes losing Nicholson/McDonnell even odder.