“Surprise Signing”

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
josie andrews

Re: “Surprise Signing”

Post by josie andrews »

Dreamteam wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 12:17 am
medlocke wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:27 pm
Dreamteam wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:25 pm

Not tamou ?
2nd choice
Where does Aaron woods lie in all of this ?
At St George Illawarra 😉
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
wgwr1999

Post by wgwr1999 »

josie andrews wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 8:03 pm
nathan_rugby wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:44 pm
Unitedwarrior@66 wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:35 pm I've heard a rumour it could be jake connor,hull are in financial problems and we may get him on the cheap
Load of rubbish.
What on earth would we want him for?
Because Jai needs his boots cleaning.

On a serious note, I actually think he is one of the best playmakers in the sport & could make for one of the very best at centre. He lacks the physical attributes to compete at fullback at the top level of rugby & I think any competitive SL/NRL team would put him in situations to play off-the-cuff.

He's like a poor man's James Tedesco but more of a prick.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

wgwr1999 wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 6:29 pm
Firestarter wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 2:12 pm Its a back up/ utility half we are short of
Not a single "big name" in world rugby will play a utility role unless they are completely finished & wanting one last contract. In that case, they probably have Wire on speed dial.
I said its what we need…… not what we will get…… if the jake connor rumour is true he would be a good fit as long as he behaves himself….. he could cover a hell of a lot of positions but i very much doubt it is true
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Firestarter wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 9:05 am
Firestarter wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 2:12 pm Its a back up/ utility half we are short of
Not a single "big name" in world rugby will play a utility role unless they are completely finished & wanting one last contract. In that case, they probably have Wire on speed dial.
I said its what we need…… not what we will get…… if the jake connor rumour is true he would be a good fit as long as he behaves himself….. he could cover a hell of a lot of positions but i very much doubt it is true
Conor..I really don't get the hype round him at all 1 good game then goes missing the club has got rid of a particular apple that didn't like travelling so why on earth take another one on?
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

fozzieskem wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 9:18 am

Conor..I really don't get the hype round him at all 1 good game then goes missing the club has got rid of a particular apple that didn't like travelling so why on earth take another one on?
Glad you said that Fozzie 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

fozzieskem wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 9:18 am

I rate connor but think he can be a pain at times…… wasnt aware that he didnt like to travel though
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

josie andrews wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 1:23 am
Dreamteam wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 12:17 am
medlocke wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:27 pm
2nd choice
Where does Aaron woods lie in all of this ?
At St George Illawarra 😉
You don’t turn down Wigan tho josie. Everybody knows. Biggest attraction in rugba leeg
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Connor is supposedly going to Huddersfield
CobraCraig

Post by CobraCraig »

wgwr1999 wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 2:26 am
josie andrews wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 8:03 pm
nathan_rugby wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:44 pm

Load of rubbish.
What on earth would we want him for?
Because Jai needs his boots cleaning.

On a serious note, I actually think he is one of the best playmakers in the sport & could make for one of the very best at centre. He lacks the physical attributes to compete at fullback at the top level of rugby & I think any competitive SL/NRL team would put him in situations to play off-the-cuff.

He's like a poor man's James Tedesco but more of a prick.
That last line is why we should stay away, we are not in a position where we need to take a rosk with a signing like Connor. Can you imagine what he would be like if he didn’t make the 13 which would be a possibility at full strength (him and King fighting for a centre spot for me). He’s obviously a very talented lad but his defence is poor to say the least and his attitude is the main issue, his own coaches and team mates have openly aired their disliking of him.
The rumour I heard was that Huddersfield wanted Connor.
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Dan2266 wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 12:00 pm Connor is supposedly going to Huddersfield
https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/ru ... ngId%7E%7D