“Surprise Signing”

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
wgwr1999

Re: “Surprise Signing”

Post by wgwr1999 »

irl_warr wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:30 pm Nothing concrete but from what I am told, Brodie Croft might be available (for the right fee) ;)
No chance I would pay a fee for him if I was Wigan. Recency bias is the only reason he's rated.

Cade was better than him in the NRL & if he was the focal point at Wigan, he'd get just as much hype.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Thought Croft had an NRL release clause in his contract. That's if an NRL club wants him.

As far as we're concerned if Croft went to 6 the Cost would be 9.
wgwr1999

Post by wgwr1999 »

Wiganer Ted wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:55 pm Thought Croft had an NRL release clause in his contract. That's if an NRL club wants him.

He has been linked with a move to Newcastle Knights recently by The Mole. https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/salford- ... ear-58639/

And to quote Paul Kent: "I think [Newcastle] have been offered Brodie Croft & he wants to come back but I don’t know if they want him." https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... c9efc107ba
Last edited by wgwr1999 on Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Wiganer Ted wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:55 pm Thought Croft had an NRL release clause in his contract. That's if an NRL club wants him.

Have the coaching staff told you this Ted?
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

No straw damn us wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:35 am Luke Thompson!!
When Brian posts people should take note.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

wgwr1999 wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:56 pm

He has been linked with a move to Newcastle Knights recently by The Mole. https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/salford- ... ear-58639/

And to quote Paul Kent: "I think [Newcastle] have been offered Brodie Croft & he wants to come back but I don’t know if they want him." https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... c9efc107ba
I think that Newcastle were interested in signing me for next season :), they are linked to everyone!

For me, we will be OK in the backs and if we can improve the pack we can get the best out of Smith, French and Field
Bobby-WRL

Post by Bobby-WRL »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:49 am
No straw damn us wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:35 am Luke Thompson!!
When Brian posts people should take note.
We will see!
irl_warr

Post by irl_warr »

I just don't see Luke Thompson playing for Wigan and fitting into the culture Matt and Co. are trying to establish long term. Could be wrong. I know Warrington offered him seriously silly money and a long contract and he rebuffed them emphatically.

I will ask again regards Croft and see if I can get any info. Last I heard was he has asked the club to listen to "all" offers.
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

irl_warr wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:45 am I just don't see Luke Thompson playing for Wigan and fitting into the culture Matt and Co. are trying to establish long term. Could be wrong. I know Warrington offered him seriously silly money and a long contract and he rebuffed them emphatically.

I will ask again regards Croft and see if I can get any info. Last I heard was he has asked the club to listen to "all" offers.
Id take him in a heartbeat, hopefully if we are interested Salford should be reminded of all the players we've let them have for next to nothing over the years & not play too much hardball on a potential fee.
wgwr1999

Post by wgwr1999 »

Dan2266 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:50 am
irl_warr wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:45 am I just don't see Luke Thompson playing for Wigan and fitting into the culture Matt and Co. are trying to establish long term. Could be wrong. I know Warrington offered him seriously silly money and a long contract and he rebuffed them emphatically.

Id take him in a heartbeat, hopefully if we are interested Salford should be reminded of all the players we've let them have for next to nothing over the years & not play too much hardball on a potential fee.
I don't see Wigan entertaining any plans to pay a fee for Brodie Croft. That would be asinine.