“Surprise Signing”

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
fozzieskem

Re: “Surprise Signing”

Post by fozzieskem »

Jonh wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:19 pm
Crossy210 wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:00 pm
nathan_rugby wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:33 pm

It’s completely different.

Your telling me the angles Liam Farrell runs or the support play or factoring in sliding defensive or more 1 on 1 or 2 on 1 than 3 on 1 defending isn’t that different?
Most of that is just facets any rugby player faces. Running a line is running a line he’d be a different kind of second rower to the likes of faz etc I’d imagine havard also played second row in his time too
If Farrell were to come which I highly doubt he would play 13. No question in my mind.
Agreed,but as you say I just don’t see it happening
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Why would signing Wil Pryce be good for game?
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

medlocke wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:26 pm Why would signing Wil Pryce be good for game?
Thats the bit, if its good for the game of RL as well it has to be a signing from outside of RL, or if the context of the comment was good for UK RL then it could be a NRL player.

I cant see it being Farrell now, i posted a couple of years ago that Wigan wanted Andy as coach & Owen to play. I don't see how we get one without the other.
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

Dan2266 wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:10 pm
medlocke wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:26 pm Why would signing Wil Pryce be good for game?
Thats the bit, if its good for the game of RL as well it has to be a signing from outside of RL, or if the context of the comment was good for UK RL then it could be a NRL player.

I cant see it being Farrell now, i posted a couple of years ago that Wigan wanted Andy as coach & Owen to play. I don't see how we get one without the other.
No chance of Owen Farrell until after the World Cup.

Even then it would be more of a novelty signing than a serious attempt at building a squad.
Mouse13

Post by Mouse13 »

thegimble wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:20 pm Person on Rlfans just named him

Wil Pryce
Thought he was signed to go to Newcastle Knights next year with KPP ?
Adlington ARLFC 1988-1992
Adlington Rangers ARLFC 1992-2009
Chorley Panthers ARLFC 2009-2011
CobraCraig

Post by CobraCraig »

It wouldn’t really, he looks a good talent but was far from a star last season, for me it would take one hell of a signing for it to be be to be good rugby league, or even Superleague. The only English players I would think would deserve this praise would be Welsby which is obviously a none starter or maybe Dom Young coming back?
I think Farrell would obviously fall in this category but I think again that’s a none starter and I’m not sure I’d want him, yes he would get a lot of salary dispensation but hes still going to cost a fortune to the club and he’s coming towards the end of his career and hasn’t played league in 15 plus years. His main asset would be his goal kicking but after last season I’m happy enough with Smith going forward.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

#Owen Farrell to Wigan? What have you started @samtomkins1

Would Faz be a Rugby League GOAT?

https://twitter.com/jimhamilton4/status ... TkPK_4El6w

😂😂
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Wil Pryce
He is a Saints fan. Same guy said that Wardle wouldn’t be signing for Wigan. I suppose he has got to be right sometime.
Charriots Offiah

josie andrews wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:55 pm #Owen Farrell to Wigan? What have you started @samtomkins1

Would Faz be a Rugby League GOAT?

https://twitter.com/jimhamilton4/status ... TkPK_4El6w

😂😂
His dad is.
Charriots Offiah

Mouse13 wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:19 pm

Wil Pryce
Thought he was signed to go to Newcastle Knights next year with KPP ?
Maybe a deal has been struck. KPP to Newcastle immediately and Pryce to Wigan permanently.