Mago to Wakefield/Featherstone??

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
No straw damn us

Re: Mago to Wakefield/Featherstone??

Post by No straw damn us »

:P
nathan_rugby wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:22 pm
Dreamteam wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:23 pm One thing for sure is we’ve admitted mago was a bad signing. Ellis is in the failed section atm. Thornley can have his own section. How come saints have barely made a bad signing in the last 5 years. Who’s identifying some of these players. Ellis was poor at dragons. Thornley awful at Leigh as well. Miski takes a quota for a back up winger ??
Hopoate been a good signing has he?
Ryan Morgan, Matty Smith, Luke Douglas, Dominic Peyroux, Joseph Paulo?
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Joel Thompson wasn't great Tommy Lee Adam Walker along with the names mentioned it's also the same with youth for every Roby Lomax Welsby you will get loads of lads contracted who don't kick on and while you may say Saints keep them better Graham Luke Thompson Barba Bentley was all still wanted and so on.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

No straw damn us wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 11:10 am :P
Dreamteam wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:23 pm One thing for sure is we’ve admitted mago was a bad signing. Ellis is in the failed section atm. Thornley can have his own section. How come saints have barely made a bad signing in the last 5 years. Who’s identifying some of these players. Ellis was poor at dragons. Thornley awful at Leigh as well. Miski takes a quota for a back up winger ??
1 of those players was signed in the last 5 years. How was dominic peyroux a failed signing ? That’s 2 bad signings in 5 years. We made 3 -4 last season
wgwr1999

Post by wgwr1999 »

Dreamteam wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:28 pm

1 of those players was signed in the last 5 years. How was dominic peyroux a failed signing ? That’s 2 bad signings in 5 years. We made 3 -4 last season
You seem to judge players off of the team's success despite the fact that Saints have had a much better foundation over the past 4 years with winning experience where as the only players over 30 in our best 17 are Liam Farrell & Mike Cooper -- who joined last year, not a bad signing -- whilst our core attacking players are all U26.

If you put Mago in that Saints team playing 15 minutes a game with them winning the league, you probably think he's been a revelation who brings a spark off the bench & how you wished we had that. It's a ridiculous mindset to have.
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

wgwr1999 wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:40 pm
Dreamteam wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:28 pm

You seem to judge players off of the team's success despite the fact that Saints have had a much better foundation over the past 4 years with winning experience where as the only players over 30 in our best 17 are Liam Farrell & Mike Cooper -- who joined last year, not a bad signing -- whilst our core attacking players are all U26.

If you put Mago in that Saints team playing 15 minutes a game with them winning the league, you probably think he's been a revelation who brings a spark off the bench & how you wished we had that. It's a ridiculous mindset to have.
Imagine mago in that defensive line for saints ahahh. Saints play a mirror imagine to Penrith dominating the middle of the field and a very quick line speed. Mago is blowing after 2 carries. You couldn’t name a less saints signing than a bloke who’s overweight and lazy
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

You're never going to hit it right all the time. This Saints team have been good but lucky with timings. Our team that came through from 2010 coincided with a very good Leeds, Wire and the back end of a good Saints teams. Who has this Saints team been up against in reality apart from mediocrity? In that same time period Saints Wigan Leeds Wire have all made good and bad signings. The mainstay of those teams is what success was built around Saints, Roby Lomax Walmsley Leeds Maguire Sinfield Maguire Wigan Lockers Faz Tomkins Wire
Briers Morley Hill. Obviously plenty more good players make up that successful period and keeping hold of them is a part of how long and well you do.
At points last year I would argue that we was thinking Ellis Mago after challenge cup and even Thornley Wire away was looking like good signings. We was the second best team last season and improving. That gaps closed but this all conquering Saints team have been up against mostly questionable opposition and have scraped past us and Catalan in two of those GFs along with Salford and a Leeds team that lets be honest not many rated.
02/04/2010/

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

lucky 13 wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 1:09 pm You're never going to hit it right all the time. This Saints team have been good but lucky with timings. Our team that came through from 2010 coincided with a very good Leeds, Wire and the back end of a good Saints teams. Who has this Saints team been up against in reality apart from mediocrity? In that same time period Saints Wigan Leeds Wire have all made good and bad signings. The mainstay of those teams is what success was built around Saints, Roby Lomax Walmsley Leeds Maguire Sinfield Maguire Wigan Lockers Faz Tomkins Wire
Briers Morley Hill. Obviously plenty more good players make up that successful period and keeping hold of them is a part of how long and well you do.
At points last year I would argue that we was thinking Ellis Mago after challenge cup and even Thornley Wire away was looking like good signings. We was the second best team last season and improving. That gaps closed but this all conquering Saints team have been up against mostly questionable opposition and have scraped past us and Catalan in two of those GFs along with Salford and a Leeds team that lets be honest not many rated.
Clutching at the last point. We scraped past Huddersfield in the cc. Scraped past Warrington
In 2018. When we’ve come up against Leeds and saints in recent grand finals we’ve lost them. Nobody remembers who u plays or by how much u win by. It’s not saints fault that we allowed Leeds and Salford come to our back yard in 2 semi finals and bully us
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

Whichever way we look at it, saints have won the last four GF's and such domination by our biggest rivals isn't acceptable. We seem to spend most off seasons hoping that they won't be as good next season instead of making certain that we're better. We shouldn't be settling for a squad that matches them we should be trying to make certain that we're better. The fact that they've been the best of an average bunch for a few years makes it even less acceptable that they are better than us when it matters. Everyone involved with running the club should be asking themselves why we're not better and doing something about it.
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

southportcdm wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 2:00 pm Whichever way we look at it, saints have won the last four GF's and such domination by our biggest rivals isn't acceptable. We seem to spend most off seasons hoping that they won't be as good next season instead of making certain that we're better. We shouldn't be settling for a squad that matches them we should be trying to make certain that we're better. The fact that they've been the best of an average bunch for a few years makes it even less acceptable that they are better than us when it matters. Everyone involved with running the club should be asking themselves why we're not better and doing something about it.
Correct. I’m genuinely interested who’s approving certain signings. Please remember as well for anyone saying cust has been a success ect, he was recommended to the club by Blake green and Trent Barrett. Before that we was being linked to Corey Norman with heavy interest who’s just gone to the French super league
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

I will happily admit I'm a glass half full fan. I also think you do remember by how many and the way you win. 27-O and Hanley, Offiha or Gill at Wembley,Robinson first GF is etched in the memory. You only echo my point with two average sides in Salford and Leeds beating us in our backyard. I'm not blaming Saints for winning I'm pointing the finger at the rest of us for making it easier.
I do think the club are asking that question of how and why they are better I also imagine it choakes the people at the top. While I still think we are behind I definitely think we made the gap much narrower. We beat them twice last season even with their 100% great signings.
02/04/2010/

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!