Mago to Wakefield/Featherstone??

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Caboosegg

Re: Mago to Wakefield/Featherstone??

Post by Caboosegg »

From some comments in here you'd think we didn't win the challenge cup.

Also not everyone thinks Mago was a bad signing or that Ellis was underwhelming but as usual with forums the vocal bunch will take the fact 1 or 2 agree to validate a view
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Ellis and Mago have been ok signings.
Ellis is ok going forward, Mago I admit needs better fitness to do more minutes but he has good offload and is quite a solid runner(just not for long).
I think Harvard and Cooper should be our starting props and their alright backup. I’d give them at least another season
Jonathon Kerr (JK)

Post by Jonathon Kerr (JK) »

Ellis started the season reasonably well, but ever since his red card at Catalans, his form and performance levels never seemed to recover.
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

Barney841 wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 4:24 pm Ellis and Mago have been ok signings.
Ellis is ok going forward, Mago I admit needs better fitness to do more minutes but he has good offload and is quite a solid runner(just not for long).
I think Harvard and Cooper should be our starting props and their alright backup. I’d give them at least another season
Mago was running 8 c for about 35 m most of the season 🤷‍♀️
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

They both did ok, no more and no less in my opinion. What I would say is that there’s loads of room for improvement with both ‘if’ they want it enough.

Mago needs to get himself in shape because a 10-15 minute impact player is a thing of the past. If he did that there’s undoubtedly plenty of ability there.

Ellis I just want to see him take the handbrake off. His game just looks a bit safe to me. He carries the ball reasonably well, he defends ok, but there’s very little energy/aggression in either facet. He lifted it for a couple of games post his Catalans ban but he then just drifted through the rest of the season.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

I agree, they did ok. But we need them to be far better in 2023, that’s assuming they are still at Wigan. Doing ok is not good enough though, there are plenty of British lads who can do ok who will be on less money.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Byrne will be first choice next season.
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:08 pm
You’d imagine singleton won’t be getting a new contract when it’s next up. Think it might be next season. He’s got starting prop all over him but he had a few good games off the bench. His aggressive defence makes me think come kr it will Byrne singleton. Cooper havard ellis then shorrocks/oneil
Gerrumonside

Post by Gerrumonside »

I think Havard is brilliant coming off the bench, he injects a lot of speed and tempo midway through the game and think it suits Byrne starting with Havard interchange.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:08 pm
Unless Peet sees him as playing that role off the bench?

It surprises me when Havard doesn’t start. It’s him and Cooper who id be looking as our prop starters.

The difficult thing to manage though is ensuring there isn’t a drop off in intensity around the 20 minute mark when we tend to switch the props around.

Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."