Mago to Wakefield/Featherstone??

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
wgwr1999

Re: Mago to Wakefield

Post by wgwr1999 »

The rotation of props is about getting the best 80 minutes possible from your pack.

That doesn't need to be 32 minutes split over 5 props. Some play 16, some play 64.
wgwr1999

Post by wgwr1999 »

I don't know if it means anything but Paddy has already been posted in the new 2023 kit on launch day. https://twitter.com/WiganWarriorsRL/sta ... 92/photo/1

The club removed Isa in favour of Bevan for the season tickets but we haven't heard much about him leaving so who knows.
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

I agree with earlier post's....if I had to choose Singleton V Mago, I'd definitely choose Mago.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

wgwr1999 wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 9:07 pm I don't know if it means anything but Paddy has already been posted in the new 2023 kit on launch day. https://twitter.com/WiganWarriorsRL/sta ... 92/photo/1

The club removed Isa in favour of Bevan for the season tickets but we haven't heard much about him leaving so who knows.
That means nothing frankly.
Jonh

Post by Jonh »

I’ve not heard anything and it is just pure speculation on my part but I’d say Tapau is more of a realistic replacement for Mago than Thompson. I’d prefer Thompson but I just don’t see him leaving the NRL yet.

2 years of Tapau lays a great platform for Hill to develop and come through.
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

I don't know anything either other than since the moment Wane came back he's been desperate for us to sign Thompson. The likelihood of it happening however is anyone's guess at the moment.
wgwr1999

Post by wgwr1999 »

But who in the current team "knows" Taupau? It doesn't really make sense with the current information.
Jonh

Post by Jonh »

Cust signed from Manley so I assume he knows him…not that that matters.

Why does anyone have to “know” him?
wgwr1999

Post by wgwr1999 »

Jonh wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:40 am Cust signed from Manley so I assume he knows him…not that that matters.

Dan's initial rumour that spawned all the talk about a big name surprise signing was:

"Wigan are going all guns blazing for a surprise signing, BIG name. This has supposedly come from a Wigan player who knows the player we are trying to sign but he would not give a name.”

Could Cust have given that information? Sure but I doubt he'd be the one giving out info in year two.
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

wgwr1999 wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:54 am
Jonh wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:40 am Cust signed from Manley so I assume he knows him…not that that matters.

Dan's initial rumour that spawned all the talk about a big name surprise signing was:

"Wigan are going all guns blazing for a surprise signing, BIG name. This has supposedly come from a Wigan player who knows the player we are trying to sign but he would not give a name.”

Could Cust have given that information? Sure but I doubt he'd be the one giving out info in year two.
As far as I know a friend of one of the players was out with a few of the players and was told, it could of came from a player that Cust told, IE Cust told Bateman who told a friend... those names are random and not adding to the rumour. But I assume if one player knows about a potential signing then it would be pretty common knowledge between the rest of the group anyway.