Mago to Wakefield/Featherstone??

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
medlocke

Re: Mago to Wakefield

Post by medlocke »

Jonh wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 9:50 am I’ve not heard anything and it is just pure speculation on my part but I’d say Tapau is more of a realistic replacement for Mago than Thompson. I’d prefer Thompson but I just don’t see him leaving the NRL yet.

2 years of Tapau lays a great platform for Hill to develop and come through.
That would be superb
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

medlocke wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 5:39 pm
Jonh wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 9:50 am I’ve not heard anything and it is just pure speculation on my part but I’d say Tapau is more of a realistic replacement for Mago than Thompson. I’d prefer Thompson but I just don’t see him leaving the NRL yet.

That would be superb
People don’t like mago because he doesn’t do big minutes and is lazy. Just wait until tapau comes over here for his last pay day
wgwr1999

Post by wgwr1999 »

Dreamteam wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:53 am

That would be superb
People don’t like mago because he doesn’t do big minutes and is lazy. Just wait until tapau comes over here for his last pay day
It's an upgrade but it's like-for-like. Stylistically it won't change & that's apparently people's issue.
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

wgwr1999 wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 11:41 am
Dreamteam wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:53 am
That would be superb
It's an upgrade but it's like-for-like. Stylistically it won't change & that's apparently people's issue.
I don’t think we can comment on that tbf until we see mago have a full pre season. Also we have to consider how much of this lies on him. If peet really wants him to lose a few stone he’ll be put on a diet. If he comes into next season the same it’s obvious that peet likes his short minutes and a few impact plays. Let’s see
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

A 2 year contract for a 33 year old (as of start of next season) would be risky, surely? A 1+1 in the club's favour, maybe.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
DavidB

Post by DavidB »

People claiming he’s a good impact prop.

Go and watch Paasi for Saints - that’s an impact prop!

Mago a mile off that
Ginge96

Post by Ginge96 »

One thing I will say for Mago is out of all of our front rowers he probably has the best passing ability and offers something different when he comes on the field
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Ginge96 wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 6:55 pm One thing I will say for Mago is out of all of our front rowers he probably has the best passing ability and offers something different when he comes on the field
Yeah, he does. The question always is, is that enough? As Dreamteam says, we'll see after a pre-season.
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Definitely a player in there with Mago.
He attracts defenders can bump one or two off and offload, he's also a solid tackler but that engine seems a thirsty one. I don't know how you change that at 27, a lot of high impact players seem the same some never change.
Hopefully a good pre season maturity and a mindset change will switch on in him he's got a great platform and club to do it, he's not a kid. Will we see him fulfilling what he can I'm not so sure. Tapau again I'm not sure if his form is poor or his teams? He doesn't seem the player he was few years back at 33 and with Cooper already here filling that experience role for the younger lads I'm not blown away with the idea.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

lucky 13 wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 8:57 am Definitely a player in there with Mago.
He attracts defenders can bump one or two off and offload, he's also a solid tackler but that engine seems a thirsty one. I don't know how you change that at 27, a lot of high impact players seem the same some never change.
Hopefully a good pre season maturity and a mindset change will switch on in him he's got a great platform and club to do it, he's not a kid. Will we see him fulfilling what he can I'm not so sure. Tapau again I'm not sure if his form is poor or his teams? He doesn't seem the player he was few years back at 33 and with Cooper already here filling that experience role for the younger lads I'm not blown away with the idea.
I think that is a fair summary. Paddy has got this season to prove his worth otherwise Wigan will not invoke the additional year of his contract.