Mago to Wakefield/Featherstone??

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
lucky 13

Re: Mago to Wakefield

Post by lucky 13 »

No problem with Oli P as a squad player but for me he wouldn't be in a first 17 that's challenging for a title unless you have a team full of stars. I still think we are short of something and while a few names mentioned are over 30 they are and have been some of the best. JWH took saints on with Walmsley and Thompson at the time and came out on top. It reminds me of a Craig Smith Pongia type signing and for the likes of Havard Byrne Smithies Hill I think it would be fantastic. Our backs look fine maybe half cover at a push but a bit more in the middle is maybe what we need.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

josie andrews wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:34 pm There are more rumours that we are interested in one of Medlockes favourite props, Martin Taupau!

What I can’t get my head round is, we’ve let a young Wigan 24 year old prop leave, Partington, then it’s rumoured about Mago who is 27, 28 in December a prop in his prime leaving for a championship side to sign a 33 year old!

Also rumoured we’ve signed Jared Waerea Hargreaves also 33!!

What has happened to the ‘young’ squad we are supposed to building?

Mago was here training on his own 2 or 3 weeks back!
Partington wasn’t good enough and didn’t continue to improve when you compare him to Byrne, Harvard and Smithies.

Correct decision to let him go and McDonnell to free up cap space and bring through the next crop of younger players.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

josie andrews wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:34 pm There are more rumours that we are interested in one of Medlockes favourite props, Martin Taupau!

What I can’t get my head round is, we’ve let a young Wigan 24 year old prop leave, Partington, then it’s rumoured about Mago who is 27, 28 in December a prop in his prime leaving for a championship side to sign a 33 year old!

I’m convinced Taupau would be a disastrous signing. He’s been average for a few years, makes very limited impact now and has just come off a World Cup where he personally was almost invisible. Nobody in Oz has touched him yet and there’s likely to be a good reason for that. There’s a good chance he turns in to the next Jerry Seu Seu or Josh Perry IMO.

JWH I’d personally leave as well, due to his disciplinary record, but I’m sure he’d at least play well when he was on the field.
pedro

Post by pedro »

NICKYKISS wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:32 am

I’m convinced Taupau would be a disastrous signing. He’s been average for a few years, makes very limited impact now and has just come off a World Cup where he personally was almost invisible. Nobody in Oz has touched him yet and there’s likely to be a good reason for that. There’s a good chance he turns in to the next Jerry Seu Seu or Josh Perry IMO.

JWH I’d personally leave as well, due to his disciplinary record, but I’m sure he’d at least play well when he was on the field.
would love JWH but not Taupau
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Well after seeing Taupau in the World Cup I've gone off the idea of signing him, Would still like to see JWH, a big name current international veteran who still mixes it up in the NRL for one of it's top clubs.

As for Partington, would there as big a furore if he had actually been from Kippax and come through Wakefield, He was obviously deemed not good enough by the coaching staff hence he was moved on and as we are constantly told by fans of a certain player, The coaches know best.
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

medlocke wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:47 am

Well after seeing Taupau in the World Cup I've gone off the idea of signing him, Would still like to see JWH, a big name current international veteran who still mixes it up in the NRL for one of it's top clubs.

As for Partington, would there as big a furore if he had actually been from Kippax and come through Wakefield, He was obviously deemed not good enough by the coaching staff hence he was moved on and as we are constantly told by fans of a certain player, The coaches know best.
Leave Liam Farrell out of this! :lol: :lol:
Mauny6

Mago signed for fev

Post by Mauny6 »

The Pearl1

Re: Mago signed for fev

Post by The Pearl1 »

Nope
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Mia Culpa, Mia Culpa! All jump on Josie, bloody hell I was giving an instance in Partington!

I don’t care how experienced these overseas props are, they are coming here for a nest egg wage, I’d sooner we persevere with the young props/players we have than keep signing older players who couldn’t care less who they played for as long as they were getting a nice little earner!

Everyone keeps saying props only come into their own at 27/28.

Is Mago only playing short minutes because the coaches want the younger lads to play? Sounds a bit like when Lam was picking all the younger lads instead of seasoned props/forwards
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

josie andrews wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:59 am Mia Culpa, Mia Culpa! All jump on Josie, bloody hell I was giving an instance in Partington!

I don’t care how experienced these overseas props are, they are coming here for a nest egg wage, I’d sooner we persevere with the young props/players we have than keep signing older players who couldn’t care less who they played for as long as they were getting a nice little earner!

Everyone keeps saying props only come into their own at 27/28.

Is Mago only playing short minutes because the coaches want the younger lads to play? Sounds a bit like when Lam was picking all the younger lads instead of seasoned props/forwards
I’d rather bring in JWH for 2 years than keep partington for the next 10. He’ll get bullied at Salford especially with how average that pack is anyway