Ramifications?

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Wandering Warrior

Ramifications?

Post by Wandering Warrior »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... -time.html

I wonder how long this will go on for?
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Dreamteam

Re: Ramifications?

Post by Dreamteam »

Wandering Warrior wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:42 am https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... -time.html

Wonder where that blazemeister has disappeared too since talking rubbish on here about our attendances. Still giving it large on twitter. Fact is a club of the size of Wigan with lowest attendances in the league lowest season ticket sales cannot be stable when you’re paying big wages. Having players on over 10 k a week in league 1 isn’t sustainable. No money spent in the summer they’re in the shit. Another man who was all talk no game.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Dreamteam wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 11:35 am
Wandering Warrior wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:42 am https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... -time.html

Wonder where that blazemeister has disappeared too since talking rubbish on here about our attendances. Still giving it large on twitter. Fact is a club of the size of Wigan with lowest attendances in the league lowest season ticket sales cannot be stable when you’re paying big wages. Having players on over 10 k a week in league 1 isn’t sustainable. No money spent in the summer they’re in the shit. Another man who was all talk no game.
I banned him :D
wgwr1999

Post by wgwr1999 »

I would expect Lenegan to inquiry over the availability of DW once again but that's all that should affect us.
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

medlocke wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 11:46 am

I banned him :D
Best thing you’ve done on here since you compared faz to smithies a bit ago. Top work
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

wgwr1999 wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 11:47 am I would expect Lenegan to inquiry over the availability of DW once again but that's all that should affect us.
Unless he doubles his offer from last time which was already more than what Wigan’s owners got for it he’s got no chance. Take away the stadium from athletic and they’ll go under.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

The club wants to get Robin park converted into an 18k seater stadium and sod the DW off
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

It would be great if Lenagan could do a combined bid with a 'football fan' who was happy to take on the club but not the ground (did we try this last time?) so that we could have it and put an end to all this messing about. I noticed that today the manager of the football club was given a new three year deal which doesn't imply that they have real problems with finance.
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

They're a Championship side actually and this is more expensive to fund with about 6000 ST holders.
Furthermore their big crowd expectancy gates v local teams are almost done this year.
Fingers crossed there'll be a fire sale and the ground goes for a song!🤣
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

It’s not looking good is it?