Ramifications?

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Wigan_forever1985

Re: Ramifications?

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

wgwr1999 wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 11:47 am I would expect Lenegan to inquiry over the availability of DW once again but that's all that should affect us.
to be honest DW is too big for us id prefer a smaller stadium which is more full

the way League is structured now very few "big" matches are played in your own yard most are at neutral grounds Magic/CC Finals/Grand Final

Season attendances barring the odd game will always be small while that structure exists
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

Wandering Warrior wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 1:31 pm
Dreamteam wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 11:35 am
Wandering Warrior wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:42 am https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... -time.html

I wonder how long this will go on for?
Wonder where that blazemeister has disappeared too since talking rubbish on here about our attendances. Still giving it large on twitter. Fact is a club of the size of Wigan with lowest attendances in the league lowest season ticket sales cannot be stable when you’re paying big wages. Having players on over 10 k a week in league 1 isn’t sustainable. No money spent in the summer they’re in the shit. Another man who was all talk no game.
They're a Championship side actually and this is more expensive to fund with about 6000 ST holders.
Furthermore their big crowd expectancy gates v local teams are almost done this year.
Fingers crossed there'll be a fire sale and the ground goes for a song!🤣
I’m aware but but they had players like wyke on over 10 k a week last year in League1 Biggest wage bill in league by a mile. Didn’t they only get 10 k home fans vs Blackburn as well. Since then they’ve had about 8 k. Just look at the pictures of the ground as well at games. About 200 at best in the south
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

southportcdm wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 1:22 pm It would be great if Lenagan could do a combined bid with a 'football fan' who was happy to take on the club but not the ground (did we try this last time?) so that we could have it and put an end to all this messing about. I noticed that today the manager of the football club was given a new three year deal which doesn't imply that they have real problems with finance.
Why should we work together with them ?
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

medlocke wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 11:46 am
Dreamteam wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 11:35 am
Wandering Warrior wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:42 am https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... -time.html

I wonder how long this will go on for?
Wonder where that blazemeister has disappeared too since talking rubbish on here about our attendances. Still giving it large on twitter. Fact is a club of the size of Wigan with lowest attendances in the league lowest season ticket sales cannot be stable when you’re paying big wages. Having players on over 10 k a week in league 1 isn’t sustainable. No money spent in the summer they’re in the shit. Another man who was all talk no game.
I banned him :D
Good man.
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

Lots of people think that we're much better off financially not owning the stadium and they may be correct but Mr Lenagan did try to get hold of it last time. The reason that I suggested another partner if we wanted to make a successful bid is that Mr Lenagan does not want to own the football club and there would be outrage from their fans if he attempted to do so. We would need to partner with somebody who is prepared to run the football club without owning the ground. I know this is unlikely, but I don't see how we can ever get hold of the ground in any other way. Despite many of our fans stating that we should build a new ground and move I don't think it can/will happen under the present ownership. We'd need another mulit-millionaire to take over and why should he sell up?
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Best case scenario would be the stadium being owned by a separate company with 50/50 ownership from football and Rugby with contractual agreements around maintaining the ground.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Wes

Post by Wes »

Robin Park being converted is our best option 16-18k being plenty of capacity but it all depends on cost to convert and also wether the council would pass it in planning.

Buying the DW may be the cheaper option of the two and if used correctly can and will make the club money.
wgwr1999

Post by wgwr1999 »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 1:50 pm
wgwr1999 wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 11:47 am I would expect Lenegan to inquiry over the availability of DW once again but that's all that should affect us.
to be honest DW is too big for us id prefer a smaller stadium which is more full

the way League is structured now very few "big" matches are played in your own yard most are at neutral grounds Magic/CC Finals/Grand Final

Season attendances barring the odd game will always be small while that structure exists
Doesn't really matter what WE want. Lenegan has already shown major interest in buying DW so I doubt we play anywhere else under his ownership.
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

Manager been sacked. Named a stand after him 6 months ago. The gift are the tic tocs 😂😂
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

To give a three year contract three weeks ago seems rather dumb?
This is going to be interesting and the bottom line is they don't get nearly enough folk through the gates for a Championship side and the expense involved in being there.
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield