Bateman

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
jobo

Re: Bateman

Post by jobo »

Crossy210 wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:56 pm So turns out he’s in California not Oz
:lol: :lol:
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

Now that all of this week's rumours about a sensational surprise signing seem to have come to nothing, can anyone confirm that - a) Bateman is likely to leave and - b) the club are looking to replace him in some way?
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

jobo wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:03 pm
Crossy210 wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:56 pm So turns out he’s in California not Oz
Thought Oz was in Kansas not California 🤔🤔
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

josie andrews wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:00 pm
Is that where the wizard hangs out?
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:50 pm
josie andrews wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:00 pm

Is that where the wizard hangs out?

Supposedly 😜
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
AndyNick

Post by AndyNick »

NICKYKISS wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:08 pm
lucky 13 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:27 pm At least it was Craig Harrison that was saying it normally he's got more information isn't he Smithies agent.

He is and I know he said he was due to visit Wigan at the end of last week. I don’t think that was anything that do with the big news he was referring to but it would be nice to think we’re trying to tie Smithies down long term. I noticed Newman extended at Leeds until 2027, guys like Welsby and Dodd are locked in at Saints long term, so we have to start doing the same with our young stars and he’s one of the best.
We know from experience that tying players down to long term contracts is meaningless. If the NRL comes calling then the contracts aren't worth the paper they're written on. Sam Tomkins signed a long term contract with the condition that in the first 2 years of that he wasn't allowed to speak to an NRL Club. 18 months later it was announced he was off to NZW. Whilst we got a transfer fee, its fair to say that the No NRL clause was very much ignored. Newman may be tied down til 2027 but if the Roosters come in next year, he'll be off. Leeds have two choices, let him go (as they won't be able to match the salary on the table) or have a player at the club who doesn't want to be there and we know from experience how that one ends up.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

southportcdm wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:27 am Now that all of this week's rumours about a sensational surprise signing seem to have come to nothing, can anyone confirm that - a) Bateman is likely to leave and - b) the club are looking to replace him in some way?
Bateman is going, I don’t know about a replacement though.
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Seems the hold up in Bateman going is a cash flow they want to sign a kiwi who belong to his agent he is trying to work out something with both players. Wouldn't be surprised if they are trying to cut transfer fee for him. Before any one asks for link I can't find it now read it earlier but can't find it . Think player is moses leòta
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

keptinthedarkfans wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:46 pm Seems the hold up in Bateman going is a cash flow they want to sign a kiwi who belong to his agent he is trying to work out something with both players. Wouldn't be surprised if they are trying to cut transfer fee for him. Before any one asks for link I can't find it now read it earlier but can't find it . Think player is moses leòta
Cash flow at Wests are we talking here? And them trying to sign another player?

If you are, I think it’s Mitchell Moses you’re referring to. There was some talk yesterday they think they may be able to get him immediately and it’s meant they’ve just put the Bateman deal on hold, to see where they end up. I can’t see them getting Moses this year, so I don’t think it’ll impact too heavily on the Bateman deal. I get the sense the article was more about cap space, than it was about cash for any transfer fees.
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

NICKYKISS wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:33 pm
keptinthedarkfans wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:46 pm Seems the hold up in Bateman going is a cash flow they want to sign a kiwi who belong to his agent he is trying to work out something with both players. Wouldn't be surprised if they are trying to cut transfer fee for him. Before any one asks for link I can't find it now read it earlier but can't find it . Think player is moses leòta
Cash flow at Wests are we talking here? And them trying to sign another player?

If you are, I think it’s Mitchell Moses you’re referring to. There was some talk yesterday they think they may be able to get him immediately and it’s meant they’ve just put the Bateman deal on hold, to see where they end up. I can’t see them getting Moses this year, so I don’t think it’ll impact too heavily on the Bateman deal. I get the sense the article was more about cap space, than it was about cash for any transfer fees.
Yes that's it your right it's cap cash space. But it still means if they want both there will have to be adjustments in agreement with Bateman