Bateman

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Charriots Offiah

Re: Bateman

Post by Charriots Offiah »

fozzieskem wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 9:11 pm No one knows how good Nicholson will be but yet again it's like the club have sold the silverware to some posters,its bordering on hysteria as the saying goes one swallow doesn't make a summer the same goes with a young lad with virtually no games under his belt.
I agree. But to invest so heavily in a player and then not sign him when Peet rates him so highly is criminal. History will decide who is right and who is wrong. You are trying to defend the club when they have cocked up.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 12:28 am
fozzieskem wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 9:11 pm No one knows how good Nicholson will be but yet again it's like the club have sold the silverware to some posters,its bordering on hysteria as the saying goes one swallow doesn't make a summer the same goes with a young lad with virtually no games under his belt.
I agree. But to invest so heavily in a player and then not sign him when Peet rates him so highly is criminal. History will decide who is right and who is wrong. You are trying to defend the club when they have cocked up.
Oh I'm sure the air was blue when he left but for the most part wigan get these calls right,to me all I saw was a lad with bags of potential who was far too impatient just to wait another year to see how things panned out for him,as you rightly say history will prove who was right or wrong,but he's gone,gone to a club in an absolute state of turmoil and that to me at best seems a very odd move.

Yes I'll defend the club on this matter you perhaps rather than blame the club you should look perhaps at the player himself or,more likely those who advised him simply put if a player wants to eave they will the days of tugging the forlock and accepting a satsuma and a bovril at half time are long since over,you can't make a player stay so no point blaming the club on that it seems to me.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

fozzieskem wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:21 am
Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 12:28 am
Oh I'm sure the air was blue when he left but for the most part wigan get these calls right,to me all I saw was a lad with bags of potential who was far too impatient just to wait another year to see how things panned out for him,as you rightly say history will prove who was right or wrong,but he's gone,gone to a club in an absolute state of turmoil and that to me at best seems a very odd move.

Yes I'll defend the club on this matter you perhaps rather than blame the club you should look perhaps at the player himself or,more likely those who advised him simply put if a player wants to eave they will the days of tugging the forlock and accepting a satsuma and a bovril at half time are long since over,you can't make a player stay so no point blaming the club on that it seems to me.
You make some good points Fozzie. Personally, I am hoping the club learns from its mistake.
shawxshark

Post by shawxshark »

Was at semi final last night, sat next to Michael carter from wakey, he says Bateman has gone, he got offered mago and said yes but Wigan have decided to keep him as we’ve lost Bateman, I said have we asked about tanginoa? He just laughed and said, he can’t defend 🤣 Wigan won’t have him,

Off topic he also said he’s just been to look at his new kits, at ellgren and has seen a Leigh one…full on leopard print he says, absolutely disgusting he said, tbf he was a really nice fella and seemed genuine and honest,

Also said luke gale has refused to play championship rugby and offered himself to wakey but wanted £90k, he told him no and he’s just letting gale train with them to keep fitness
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Rhe Wakefield CEO openly told youna players gone before/if its announced?
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
shawxshark

Post by shawxshark »

Caboosegg wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 3:24 pm Rhe Wakefield CEO openly told youna players gone before/if its announced?

He said he had mago, and now they’ve lost Bateman to west tigers they won’t let him go now, is exact words pretty much
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

shawxshark wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:18 am
Caboosegg wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 3:24 pm Rhe Wakefield CEO openly told youna players gone before/if its announced?

He said he had mago, and now they’ve lost Bateman to west tigers they won’t let him go now, is exact words pretty much
“Had” is probably everything but the official contract though…
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
shawxshark

Post by shawxshark »

[/quote]

“Had” is probably everything but the official contract though…
[/quote]

He was offered him, wanted him, was having him, but Wigan pulled back he said when they lost Bateman
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

Why have we decided that because John bateman is leaving we can’t let go of a very replaceable prop who does 20 minutes a game. Baffling decisions sometimes
Wes

Post by Wes »

Dreamteam wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:38 pm Why have we decided that because John bateman is leaving we can’t let go of a very replaceable prop who does 20 minutes a game. Baffling decisions sometimes
Maybe with a good pre season they may turn him into a good offloading 2nd rower, pure guess btw. 🤷