Bateman

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
fozzieskem

Re: Bateman

Post by fozzieskem »

Just listening to the “full 80 mins”podcast with Craig Harrison,I normally gaze over when he hits the hype button but he said Wigan have an “unbelievable signing coming” and is “great news for the game” but obviously offered no names but it’ll be interesting to see if that does come to pass whoever it is.
jobo

Post by jobo »

John512 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:19 pm Was Bateman a marquee signing?
Technically no but he was on a fair wedge.
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

medlocke wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:42 pm
Dreamteam wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:06 pm On a flight with his daughter for 11 hours. Add the numbers up with mrs already being in aus and you get your answer.
Link?
His instagram story
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

fozzieskem wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:43 pm Just listening to the “full 80 mins”podcast with Craig Harrison,I normally gaze over when he hits the hype button but he said Wigan have an “unbelievable signing coming” and is “great news for the game” but obviously offered no names but it’ll be interesting to see if that does come to pass whoever it is.
Have u got a time stamp for this please ?
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Dreamteam wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:52 pm
fozzieskem wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:43 pm Just listening to the “full 80 mins”podcast with Craig Harrison,I normally gaze over when he hits the hype button but he said Wigan have an “unbelievable signing coming” and is “great news for the game” but obviously offered no names but it’ll be interesting to see if that does come to pass whoever it is.
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

He doesn’t say it’s a signing but says there is some unbelievable news to come out of Wigan and it could be great news for the game. You’d imagine it would be recruitment based but it could be something else going off the very little he said. To say it could be good news for the game makes you think towards something like Owen Farrell or maybe more investment coming in to the club. He does very shortly after his comment discuss needing more people with money to come in.

The guy does like the sound of his own voice, so we’ll see how it plays out.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

NICKYKISS wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:33 pm He doesn’t say it’s a signing but says there is some unbelievable news to come out of Wigan and it could be great news for the game. You’d imagine it would be recruitment based but it could be something else going off the very little he said. To say it could be good news for the game makes you think towards something like Owen Farrell or maybe more investment coming in to the club. He does very shortly after his comment discuss needing more people with money to come in.

Yes,your right Nicky he doesn’t mention signing but where I got it mixed up it was in a discussion about signings of other clubs so I’d assume it’s signing related but a lot of hot air on that podcast for sure
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

fozzieskem wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:38 pm
NICKYKISS wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:33 pm He doesn’t say it’s a signing but says there is some unbelievable news to come out of Wigan and it could be great news for the game. You’d imagine it would be recruitment based but it could be something else going off the very little he said. To say it could be good news for the game makes you think towards something like Owen Farrell or maybe more investment coming in to the club. He does very shortly after his comment discuss needing more people with money to come in.

Yes,your right Nicky he doesn’t mention signing but where I got it mixed up it was in a discussion about signings of other clubs so I’d assume it’s signing related but a lot of hot air on that podcast for sure
It probably is signing related but it’s just the fact he’s saying it’s great news for the game that’s making me wonder. It would need to be pretty high profile to be considered a real boost to the game as a whole. Even somebody like Warea-Hargreaves or Frizzel wouldn’t really bring much hype to the comp in circles other than people who are already interested. He does exaggerate though, so it’s probably a new deal for Willie Isa or Singleton!
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

medlocke wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:42 pm
Dreamteam wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:06 pm On a flight with his daughter for 11 hours. Add the numbers up with mrs already being in aus and you get your answer.
Link?
His instagram story
Not got a clue about instagram
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

fozzieskem wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:31 pm
Cheers