Bateman

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Dreamteam

Re: Bateman

Post by Dreamteam »

NICKYKISS wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:33 pm He doesn’t say it’s a signing but says there is some unbelievable news to come out of Wigan and it could be great news for the game. You’d imagine it would be recruitment based but it could be something else going off the very little he said. To say it could be good news for the game makes you think towards something like Owen Farrell or maybe more investment coming in to the club. He does very shortly after his comment discuss needing more people with money to come in.

The guy does like the sound of his own voice, so we’ll see how it plays out.
As he says the same point he starts talking about the salary cap and can we remove the salary cap so the owners can start splashing cash and bringing more players in. Be absolutely stunned if it’s not a signing. However you’re also right about the frizell point. 99% of super league fans do not watch the nrl. So it would have to be a high profile player
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

NICKYKISS wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:43 pm
fozzieskem wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:38 pm
NICKYKISS wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:33 pm He doesn’t say it’s a signing but says there is some unbelievable news to come out of Wigan and it could be great news for the game. You’d imagine it would be recruitment based but it could be something else going off the very little he said. To say it could be good news for the game makes you think towards something like Owen Farrell or maybe more investment coming in to the club. He does very shortly after his comment discuss needing more people with money to come in.

Yes,your right Nicky he doesn’t mention signing but where I got it mixed up it was in a discussion about signings of other clubs so I’d assume it’s signing related but a lot of hot air on that podcast for sure
It probably is signing related but it’s just the fact he’s saying it’s great news for the game that’s making me wonder. It would need to be pretty high profile to be considered a real boost to the game as a whole. Even somebody like Warea-Hargreaves or Frizzel wouldn’t really bring much hype to the comp in circles other than people who are already interested. He does exaggerate though, so it’s probably a new deal for Willie Isa or Singleton!
Haha,yes that's gone through my mind as he really does "big" things up,that aside it was interesting the talk about the cap I get where they're coming from but sadly there's not many billionaire rugby league fans to make it work and while I think the cap should go,if I'm honest once that genie is out the bottle there'll be no going back.

Just had a thought could it be Luke Gale this "Massive" signing :lol:
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

Dreamteam wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:56 pm

As he says the same point he starts talking about the salary cap and can we remove the salary cap so the owners can start splashing cash and bringing more players in. Be absolutely stunned if it’s not a signing. However you’re also right about the frizell point. 99% of super league fans do not watch the nrl. So it would have to be a high profile player
Feels like there’s something in the pipeline for us. Bateman likely to go, talk of Mago and I noticed Ben O’Keefe has been released to sign permanently with Rochdale. He won’t make much room obviously but then guys like Halsall and Jack Bibby went also, so they seem to be really pinning their colours to a small batch of young players (Eckersley, Astley, Hill, Forber and Nsemba I’m thinking of) and cutting out any cap space they might think can be used elsewhere.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Yes,your right Nicky he doesn’t mention signing but where I got it mixed up it was in a discussion about signings of other clubs so I’d assume it’s signing related but a lot of hot air on that podcast for sure
It probably is signing related but it’s just the fact he’s saying it’s great news for the game that’s making me wonder. It would need to be pretty high profile to be considered a real boost to the game as a whole. Even somebody like Warea-Hargreaves or Frizzel wouldn’t really bring much hype to the comp in circles other than people who are already interested. He does exaggerate though, so it’s probably a new deal for Willie Isa or Singleton!
Thompson?
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:58 pm

Thompson?
Is he known outside of RL though?

I'll grant you it sounds like Lenners has or is firing up the flux capacitor and going back to the future with this news?
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

Could it be a big sponsor or a coaching appointment maybe. Who knows
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

I can't find it on 44.15 hope it's true though that it's something big for all the game.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

lucky 13 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:40 pm I can't find it on 44.15 hope it's true though that it's something big for all the game.
I watched it on you tube and it was 43 mins and about 5 or 10ish second on there.
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

NICKYKISS wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:50 pm
lucky 13 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:40 pm I can't find it on 44.15 hope it's true though that it's something big for all the game.
I watched it on you tube and it was 43 mins and about 5 or 10ish second on there.
Just gone on YouTube to 43 mins and still can't find it got the bit about burgers and Rads multi billionaire mate :D
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

lucky 13 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:00 pm
NICKYKISS wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:50 pm
Just gone on YouTube to 43 mins and still can't find it got the bit about burgers and Rads multi billionaire mate :D
Just noticed they’ve posted a new video this evening. It was on one posted 4 days ago that I saw it-Episode 139.

Not seen the one this evening, so not sure if anything else is mentioned.