Bateman

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Charriots Offiah

Re: Bateman

Post by Charriots Offiah »

keptinthedarkfans wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:02 pm
NICKYKISS wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:33 pm
keptinthedarkfans wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:46 pm Seems the hold up in Bateman going is a cash flow they want to sign a kiwi who belong to his agent he is trying to work out something with both players. Wouldn't be surprised if they are trying to cut transfer fee for him. Before any one asks for link I can't find it now read it earlier but can't find it . Think player is moses leòta
Cash flow at Wests are we talking here? And them trying to sign another player?

If you are, I think it’s Mitchell Moses you’re referring to. There was some talk yesterday they think they may be able to get him immediately and it’s meant they’ve just put the Bateman deal on hold, to see where they end up. I can’t see them getting Moses this year, so I don’t think it’ll impact too heavily on the Bateman deal. I get the sense the article was more about cap space, than it was about cash for any transfer fees.
Yes that's it your right it's cap cash space. But it still means if they want both there will have to be adjustments in agreement with Bateman
I think they are trying to sign Moses for 2024, he is contracted to Paramatta next season. He has played for the Tigers previously.
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

keptinthedarkfans wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:46 pm Seems the hold up in Bateman going is a cash flow they want to sign a kiwi who belong to his agent he is trying to work out something with both players. Wouldn't be surprised if they are trying to cut transfer fee for him. Before any one asks for link I can't find it now read it earlier but can't find it . Think player is moses leòta

If you are, I think it’s Mitchell Moses you’re referring to. There was some talk yesterday they think they may be able to get him immediately and it’s meant they’ve just put the Bateman deal on hold, to see where they end up. I can’t see them getting Moses this year, so I don’t think it’ll impact too heavily on the Bateman deal. I get the sense the article was more about cap space, than it was about cash for any transfer fees.
Yes that's it your right it's cap cash space. But it still means if they want both there will have to be adjustments in agreement with Bateman
We need to get it all sorted asap whatever the outcome. It’s no good for anyone it dragging on. If Wests are trying to delay things, I’d hope we’d tell them where to go but unfortunately they’ll have to tread carefully with it being a sensitive situation from Batemans perspective.
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:14 pm

I think they are trying to sign Moses for 2024, he is contracted to Paramatta next season. He has played for the Tigers previously.
The article mentioned was saying they think they have a sniff of bringing it forward, to being an immediate deal and that was in turn holding the Bateman move up.

We just need it sorting.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan Warriors: Matty Peet discusses the rumours linking John Bateman with an NRL return

Matty Peet says there has been constant communication between Wigan Warriors and John Bateman.

The 29-year-old was linked with a move to Wests Tigers last month, but his current club revealed they had received no official approach from the NRL side.

Peet states the situation hasn’t changed, with Bateman currently enjoying an off-season break after representing England at the recent Rugby League World Cup.

He said: “We’ve spoken to John. He’s on holiday at the moment, but there’s constant communication.

There’s no news yet. As far as I’m aware, I don’t think anything has changed.”

So far during the off-season, Wigan have added Jake Wardle and Toby King to their ranks ahead of the 2023 campaign.

Peet says the club would be open to further recruitment if any opportunity arose, but insists his main focus is on improving the players already at his disposal.

I’m very happy with the squad as it stands but you always have one eye on recruitment and retention,” he added.

"My thinking is, our squad now will be the one that starts the season, that’s how we work.

"We don’t talk about recruitment, training days are training days.

"Recruitment meetings sit separately to that, with myself, Ian (Lenagan), Kris (Radlinski) and Waney (Shaun Wane).

It’s about who is on the bus today and who is working hard to get better.”

The majority of the Warriors squad have now returned to Robin Park Arena for pre-season training, as they slowly build-up to the start of their Super League campaign on February 18.

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/rugby- ... rn-3938545
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

I realise that Matty has to be careful what he says to the press but surely, he knows that Bateman is looking to leave and the club should be planning his replacement. It's O.K. saying nothing has changed but if they're not expecting anything to happen I'd be disappointed. Why not say 'he wants to go and we're planning for that eventuality'?
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

southportcdm wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:57 pm I realise that Matty has to be careful what he says to the press but surely, he knows that Bateman is looking to leave and the club should be planning his replacement. It's O.K. saying nothing has changed but if they're not expecting anything to happen I'd be disappointed. Why not say 'he wants to go and we're planning for that eventuality'?
What does it achieve by saying that?

How does it change the situation?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

Nathan - because it would sound as though we know what we're doing not just waiting for Bateman/Wests to sort themselves out. The players have the power but we can at least present the case that we're ready to act when Bateman goes. Why is Matty 'in constant communication' with Bateman if he's only on holiday and planning to come back? Is Matty speaking to Bevan and Jai (assuming they're still in Aus) every day?
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

southportcdm wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:43 pm Nathan - because it would sound as though we know what we're doing not just waiting for Bateman/Wests to sort themselves out. The players have the power but we can at least present the case that we're ready to act when Bateman goes. Why is Matty 'in constant communication' with Bateman if he's only on holiday and planning to come back? Is Matty speaking to Bevan and Jai (assuming they're still in Aus) every day?
Has Bateman physically signed a contract?

If not, then nothing should be mentioned on the subject.

Too many people on this forum think they have a right to every single bit of information. It is professional sport, there are contracts, there are agents, there a things going on behind the scene we aren't privy to and shouldn't be.

It isn't ideal, but I am not sure what you want Peet to come out and say.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Over on RLfans there is a Saints fan saying that Bateman is going nowhere and will be at Wigan in 2023, Have you heard anything about this Dan and is there any more updates on the other rumour
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

medlocke wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:57 am Over on RLfans there is a Saints fan saying that Bateman is going nowhere and will be at Wigan in 2023, Have you heard anything about this Dan and is there any more updates on the other rumour
not spoke to anyone for a while pal, cant add to it.