Bateman

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
jobo

Re: Bateman

Post by jobo »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:57 pm I am more inclined to listen to the views of players, former players and coaches.
Hear, hear.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:57 pm I am more inclined to listen to the views of players, former players and coaches.
Well that's a ridiculous viewpoint to have :lol:
wgwr1999

Post by wgwr1999 »

Dreamteam wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:17 pm
wgwr1999 wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 2:23 am
Dreamteam wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 8:32 pm Tigers will pay a fee if it’s not too outrageous and nobody will stand in his way. Slap in the face of Canberra but defo not us. Robbed 2 years of wages and game time for kpp in his natural position. Despite his stock being low west tigers are even more of an embarrassment of a club than Warrington
Clearly his stock isn't low considering the only people in world rugby who don't want him at their club are the vocal minority in this fanbase...
Guarantee if you did a poll on who would want john bateman off the cap and who would want him to stay it would be a lot closer than you think
A poll of who? Executives & coaches around RL? It would not be close. His reputation in the NRL is even higher than over here where he is considered one of the best second rowers.

But if you do a pop quiz with our fans, you'd get a lot of them telling you that 2+2=5.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

I think this “Dreamteam” is a fake account to intentionally argue and provocate.

Nobody would intentionally have such negative views and opinions of the
Sports team they support.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
God2

Post by God2 »

In all honesty I’d take Bateman off the cap in a heartbeat, highest paid player at the club and an absolute shadow of his former self.

Can’t remember thinking Wow he’s had a brilliant game since his return. Previously before Australia he was unplayable at times, now he gets dominated in most tackles then does that horrendous thing where he tries to milk a penalty every time he’s tackled, but all it does is slow our attack down significantly.

KPP everyday for me and twice on a Sunday.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

God2 wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:49 pm In all honesty I’d take Bateman off the cap in a heartbeat, highest paid player at the club and an absolute shadow of his former self.

Can’t remember thinking Wow he’s had a brilliant game since his return. Previously before Australia he was unplayable at times, now he gets dominated in most tackles then does that horrendous thing where he tries to milk a penalty every time he’s tackled, but all it does is slow our attack down significantly.

I have to agree with that.
I remember him in his last season before he went to the NRL, he must of been the best player on the park for the majority of the games
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

God2 wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:49 pm In all honesty I’d take Bateman off the cap in a heartbeat, highest paid player at the club and an absolute shadow of his former self.

Do you mean KPP who will be gone at the end of 2023? Batty is still first class, if he wasn’t then the Aussies wouldn’t be interested.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:30 am

Do you mean KPP who will be gone at the end of 2023? Batty is still first class, if he wasn’t then the Aussies wouldn’t be interested.
KPP states he has 2 internationals before him for 2nd row, his preferred position, so only gets picked there if there is an injury or a ban!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Barney841 wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:59 pm

I have to agree with that.
I remember him in his last season before he went to the NRL, he must of been the best player on the park for the majority of the games
The last year he played for us before NRL, he was voted for & won the Player of the Year from this site!!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Can somebody tell me where we get a player of his standard?