Bateman

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Charriots Offiah

Re: Bateman

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Both Bateman and KPP in the centres for England today. Still KPP cannot get a gig in the second row.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:30 am
God2 wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:49 pm In all honesty I’d take Bateman off the cap in a heartbeat, highest paid player at the club and an absolute shadow of his former self.

Can’t remember thinking Wow he’s had a brilliant game since his return. Previously before Australia he was unplayable at times, now he gets dominated in most tackles then does that horrendous thing where he tries to milk a penalty every time he’s tackled, but all it does is slow our attack down significantly.

KPP everyday for me and twice on a Sunday.
Do you mean KPP who will be gone at the end of 2023? Batty is still first class, if he wasn’t then the Aussies wouldn’t be interested.
It isn’t black and white like that is it.

Same team “wanted” Gildart at one point. Didn’t mean he was first class.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 2:27 pm Both Bateman and KPP in the centres for England today. Still KPP cannot get a gig in the second row.
We don’t have much cover at centre, hence the decision I think.

Wane said previously he will play half the game at centre and half at second row.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Charriots Offiah

nathan_rugby wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 2:28 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 2:27 pm Both Bateman and KPP in the centres for England today. Still KPP cannot get a gig in the second row.

Wane said previously he will play half the game at centre and half at second row.
The actual team is not what was posted on the BBC website.
Charriots Offiah

nathan_rugby wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 2:27 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:30 am
God2 wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:49 pm In all honesty I’d take Bateman off the cap in a heartbeat, highest paid player at the club and an absolute shadow of his former self.

Can’t remember thinking Wow he’s had a brilliant game since his return. Previously before Australia he was unplayable at times, now he gets dominated in most tackles then does that horrendous thing where he tries to milk a penalty every time he’s tackled, but all it does is slow our attack down significantly.

KPP everyday for me and twice on a Sunday.
Do you mean KPP who will be gone at the end of 2023? Batty is still first class, if he wasn’t then the Aussies wouldn’t be interested.
It isn’t black and white like that is it.

Same team “wanted” Gildart at one point. Didn’t mean he was first class.
But Bateman is, and he has proved it on both sides of the world.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

KPP has great potential but has hardly set the world on fire up to now…… he seems the kind of player that needs to lose his rag a bit……. Bateman has been there and done it and is still a competitor ( but not his best by a long way)…… is batty better than KPP atm? Ide say a definite yes
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
up the junction

Post by up the junction »

I thought Welsby was at Centre ?
Charriots Offiah

up the junction wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 3:15 pm

I thought Welsby was at Centre ?
He is mate. When I originally posted the team on BBCs webpage listed Bateman and KPP as the centres. I should know better than trust them!
up the junction

Post by up the junction »

👍 thought I was losing it as I know ,you know, what your on about 👍
Charriots Offiah

:D
up the junction wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 3:45 pm 👍 thought I was losing it as I know ,you know, what your on about 👍
:D