Bateman

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Dreamteam

Re: Bateman

Post by Dreamteam »

fozzieskem wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 6:01 pm
Dreamteam wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 5:56 pm
No straw damn us wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 5:29 pm

Mal Meninga would disagree with you. A friend of mine was at a Saints forum with him a couple of weeks ago and Meninga stated that KPP would be one of the best back row players in the NRL in a few years time.
Plenty of players go the nrl early and don’t make it. He doesn’t have the characteristics of a farnworth or young. Therefore in a struggling knights team with a coach about to be sacked I reckon he’s back in 2 years
Honestly I agree with you but think he will end up in union rather than return to RL
I don’t know where he really fits well in either sport. SR in super league is probably his peak due to the offload and a poor comp. 95% of teams in the nrl wont have problem with his strengths. He’s no kikau
Jonh

Post by Jonh »

21 year old playing for his country.

Freakish ability to offload.

Athletic.

Still developing physically.

6’5”.

Already getting written off.

Laughable.

Only thing I will agree with is he isn’t a high level Union player, not sure where that idea comes from.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

This topic is about Bateman not KPP!

Please keep on topic!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

josie andrews wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 6:53 am This topic is about Bateman not KPP!

Please keep on topic!
With all due respect josie. Kpp has been in this topic since the first 2 pages you your self was one of first to comment on him . 37 pages later and the thread on Bateman still going so sorry but don't get this it's clearly sparked interesting debate. Isn't that what the forum is supposed to do. Merry Christmas
Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

In a forum everyone is entitled to an opinion
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

Mouse13 wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 6:03 pm Pretty telling i think but Bateman doesnt appear to be on the training pic from Formby Beach this morning. Unless hes taking the photo :lol:
The England players are not due back in for training until 2nd January.
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

Jonh wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 12:40 am 21 year old playing for his country.

Athletic.

6’5”.

Laughable.

Only thing I will agree with is he isn’t a high level Union player, not sure where that idea comes from.
Playing for his country because wane is coach. Compare the seasons batchelor and kpp just had
Mouse13

Post by Mouse13 »

No straw damn us wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 10:42 am
Mouse13 wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 6:03 pm Pretty telling i think but Bateman doesnt appear to be on the training pic from Formby Beach this morning. Unless hes taking the photo :lol:
The England players are not due back in for training until 2nd January.
:oops: :oops: :oops: my bad :lol:
Adlington ARLFC 1988-1992
Adlington Rangers ARLFC 1992-2009
Chorley Panthers ARLFC 2009-2011
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

Dreamteam wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:04 am

Athletic.

6’5”.

Laughable.

Playing for his country because wane is coach. Compare the seasons batchelor and kpp just had
Wane picked both for England didn't he?
Batchelor 89 missed tackles and 23 penalties (the most of any player in Superleague)

Despite playing only two-thirds the number of games KPP made the same number of tackle busts (35) thirteen times the offloads (27) and five times the try assists.
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

No straw damn us wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 12:06 pm
Dreamteam wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:04 am

Athletic.

6’5”.

Laughable.

Wane picked both for England didn't he?
Batchelor 89 missed tackles and 23 penalties (the most of any player in Superleague)

Despite playing only two-thirds the number of games KPP made the same number of tackle busts (35) thirteen times the offloads (27) and five times the try assists.
Because saints adopt a very aggressive line speed. Which is why when u watch saints games it feels like they start sets on the half way line all the time. Batchelor overall game is also far superior. He runs faz meters every week and is way more involved in the game all together