Bateman

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Blackpool_Pie

Re: Bateman

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Suzieb wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 8:53 am You need to take your cherry and white blinkers off I bet u talk about Wigan at parties boring😭😭😭😭
I talk about Wigan at parties to anyone who shows even a slight interest. I must be boring too
Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

All the best boring
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Blackpool_Pie wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 9:04 am
Suzieb wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 8:53 am You need to take your cherry and white blinkers off I bet u talk about Wigan at parties boring😭😭😭😭
I talk about Wigan at parties to anyone who shows even a slight interest. I must be boring too
Me too 😂 I talk about Wigan Warriors anywhere & everywhere to anyone within hearing distance 😂
I mustn’t be that boring because everyone joins in 😂😂

Merry Christmas 🎄

Bah Humbug 😉😉
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Suzieb wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 9:23 am All the best boring
You too Suzie and Suzies husband :D
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Wests Tigers look to add another player as they close in on John Bateman deal

In the transfer saga that has rumbled on for much of the off-season it seems that NRL side Wests Tigers will finally get their man and that’s John Bateman, whom they’ve reportedly pursued over the past few months.

And with that deal very close, they’re looking to add another player in the hopes to avoid the ‘wooden spoon’ for a second consecutive season.

The player that Wests are keen to add alongside Bateman is Cronulla centre Jesse Ramien, with the 25-year-old off contract at the end of the season and it’s reported as a two horse race between Wests and new boys the Dolphins for his signature.

The Daily Telegraph in Australia are reporting that it’s between the two favourites for the ‘wooden spoon’ as to where Ramien will sign with talks having been prolonged on account of the uncertainty around the NRL salary cap.

It was announced yesterday that the salary cap was to be set at $12.1 million, an increase of 25% on 2022, and with that confirmed allocation of funds deals across the league can be expected to happen thick and fast over Christmas as sides try to tie down their players.

The news of the salary cap being confirmed also speeds up Wests signature of John Bateman who reportedly is keen to return down under for another crack at the NRL.

Bateman joined Canterbury in 2020 but midway through the 2021 season, after having been named as second-rower of the year in 2020, he signed back with Wigan Warriors but he looks close to returning down under now.

Michelle Bishop of 7NEWS earlier this off-season told SEN that the Bateman deal was as good as done but Wests had been trying to snag Mitchell Moses from Parramatta as well which had caused hold up.

With the Eels sticking firm on Moses and the salary cap now being confirmed it’s expected that in the coming days we may see Bateman announced as the NRL’s newest recruit.

It was reported earlier this year after the World Cup that his partner and young child had already moved to Australia in anticipation of the move so it’s clear that the second-rower clearly felt the deal would materialise, he’s maybe just had to wait slightly longer than expected.

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/wests-ti ... eal-64834/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

Jonh wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 12:30 am
Suzieb wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 6:13 pm The point I’m trying to make Southport is that our great club knows what the situation is with Bateman but they choose to tell us the public that they haven’t heard anything
Bet you are fun at parties!

The club will not and should not say anything until the deal is concluded, they also have the right to temper this news by maybe making positive announcements, which they often do.

If you want to know what goes on behind closed doors make Mr Lenagan an offer.

It’s absolutely ridiculous the level of information some supporters feel they should be privy to
Exactly, when things are all in place and the legals are all sorted Wigan WILL make a statement. Why some fans think they need to know everything about the clubs business baffles me.

You can always get the names and numbers printed on the shirts after the squad has been clarified!!
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

I’m not a great follower of the NRL but hells teeth it seems to me west tigers are a basket case of a club weird move for him.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

fozzieskem wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 1:20 pm I’m not a great follower of the NRL but hells teeth it seems to me west tigers are a basket case of a club weird move for him.
One thing is for sure, they can’t slip further down the pile.
pearsy

Post by pearsy »

Hope it's the last time we never resigne a player that's played over there .And bring them back never been Marquee player
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

pearsy wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 1:37 pm Hope it's the last time we never resigne a player that's played over there .And bring them back never been Marquee player
2 years time the knights will be shipping kpp back out to us. He’s not even an above average SL player yet.