Owen Farrell

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
medlocke

Re: Owen Farrell

Post by medlocke »

Doesn't float my boat, should pull out all the stops and get a top union hooker to replace Powell at the end of the season.

Imagine the money the club could make from printing Louis van der Westhuizen's name on the back of shirts :D
pearsy

Post by pearsy »

That shirt would have to be as big as the 18 shirt to get that name printed on it
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

medlocke wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 11:36 am Doesn't float my boat, should pull out all the stops and get a top union hooker to replace Powell at the end of the season.

Imagine the money the club could make from printing Louis van der Westhuizen's name on the back of shirts :D
Doubt it.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

Could always prize Josh Ganson away from being a ref, if we are looking to sign another famous name and it reinforces our traditional love affair with ex players 😉.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Caboosegg wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 7:00 pm
medlocke wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 11:36 am Doesn't float my boat, should pull out all the stops and get a top union hooker to replace Powell at the end of the season.

Doubt it.
Why?
Flash

Post by Flash »

Why? To help us with our line-outs?
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

medlocke wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 11:50 am

Doubt it.
Why?

Did George Burgess put bums on seats
Has French or Field put bums on seats.
Did Andy Powell?
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Yes they have 100%
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

Caboosegg wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:08 am

Doubt it.
Why?

Did Andy Powell?
None of those have/had the same profile/reputation as Owen Farrell, plus he is a local lad who has reached the top in Rugby Union. He may have that desire to play for his home town club, time will tell but I certainly wouldn't rule it out.
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

No straw damn us wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:05 am
Caboosegg wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:08 am

Why?

Did Andy Powell?
None of those have/had the same profile/reputation as Owen Farrell, plus he is a local lad who has reached the top in Rugby Union. He may have that desire to play for his home town club, time will tell but I certainly wouldn't rule it out.
I can honestly say, George Burgess was one of the overseas signings we've made in a lifetime, where i genuinely believed we signed a 'world class player'. French and Field were unknown especially in SL and I actually thought Andy Powell tried so hard (Huddersfield 2013 playoffs stands out), but was too old and inexperienced to move over to RL. I felt rather sad over Burgess rather than angry or frustrated. I've made my options clear on Owen Farrell, prove me wrong and il crack the champagne open. My opinion is, he's never going to be Andy or Liam and that's different generations!