Small update on the rumours

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
nathan_rugby
Posts: 3716
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:12 pm

Re: Small update on the rumours

Post by nathan_rugby »

Wiganer Ted wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:27 pm I do hope the announcement when it arrives is that of a new player joining the club.
Bateman is joining Wests and Hatings has left to accommodate him. We all know this and the club know we know it. So why not give Matty more to say on the subject?
Just say the club are waiting to announce a replacement?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Jonh
Posts: 64
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:45 pm

Re: Small update on the rumours

Post by Jonh »

Dan2266 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:13 pm Didn't do that with Wardle did I?

And no, everyone is going off one mans comment on a podcast and an article that has since been deleted... I'm just confirming from reliable places that there is in fact a pending announcement.

Unless your comment was to intentionally wind me up or cause a debate it was pretty pointless.

This thread is pointless.

You didn’t name Wardle. In fact it was me that did.

You talked about a tenuous signing saying he was under the radar as a player.

We eventually confirm Wardle as a player and you claim that is who you were on about.

England centre…clearly under the radar.

I’m putting it out there now, we will sign a secondrow at some point in 2023…maybe sooner.

Can’t say who thought as I’ve been sworn to secrecy.

All very cringeworthy.
Charriots Offiah
Posts: 2900
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:14 pm

Re: Small update on the rumours

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Jonh wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:32 pm
Dan2266 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:13 pm Didn't do that with Wardle did I?

And no, everyone is going off one mans comment on a podcast and an article that has since been deleted... I'm just confirming from reliable places that there is in fact a pending announcement.

Unless your comment was to intentionally wind me up or cause a debate it was pretty pointless.

This thread is pointless.

You didn’t name Wardle. In fact it was me that did.

You talked about a tenuous signing saying he was under the radar as a player.

We eventually confirm Wardle as a player and you claim that is who you were on about.

England centre…clearly under the radar.

I’m putting it out there now, we will sign a secondrow at some point in 2023…maybe sooner.

Can’t say who thought as I’ve been sworn to secrecy.

All very cringeworthy.
John, I don't expect you to name a player, but could you say whether the player is from SL or the NRL? Thanks.
User avatar
Firestarter
Posts: 4432
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:07 pm

Re: Small update on the rumours

Post by Firestarter »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:08 pm
Jonh wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:32 pm
Dan2266 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:13 pm Didn't do that with Wardle did I?

And no, everyone is going off one mans comment on a podcast and an article that has since been deleted... I'm just confirming from reliable places that there is in fact a pending announcement.

Unless your comment was to intentionally wind me up or cause a debate it was pretty pointless.

This thread is pointless.

You didn’t name Wardle. In fact it was me that did.

You talked about a tenuous signing saying he was under the radar as a player.

We eventually confirm Wardle as a player and you claim that is who you were on about.

England centre…clearly under the radar.

I’m putting it out there now, we will sign a secondrow at some point in 2023…maybe sooner.

Can’t say who thought as I’ve been sworn to secrecy.

All very cringeworthy.
John, I don't expect you to name a player, but could you say whether the player is from SL or the NRL? Thanks.
More importantly is he a bloody gud un john?
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Charriots Offiah
Posts: 2900
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:14 pm

Re: Small update on the rumours

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Firestarter wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:13 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:08 pm
Jonh wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:32 pm


This thread is pointless.

You didn’t name Wardle. In fact it was me that did.

You talked about a tenuous signing saying he was under the radar as a player.

We eventually confirm Wardle as a player and you claim that is who you were on about.

England centre…clearly under the radar.

I’m putting it out there now, we will sign a secondrow at some point in 2023…maybe sooner.

Can’t say who thought as I’ve been sworn to secrecy.

All very cringeworthy.
John, I don't expect you to name a player, but could you say whether the player is from SL or the NRL? Thanks.
More importantly is he a bloody gud un john?
Good point.
User avatar
Firestarter
Posts: 4432
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:07 pm

Re: Small update on the rumours

Post by Firestarter »

Dunno if bryce cartwright is available but i reckon he would suite us perfectly
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Dan2266
Posts: 1266
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:47 pm

Re: Small update on the rumours

Post by Dan2266 »

Jonh wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:32 pm
Dan2266 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:13 pm Didn't do that with Wardle did I?

And no, everyone is going off one mans comment on a podcast and an article that has since been deleted... I'm just confirming from reliable places that there is in fact a pending announcement.

Unless your comment was to intentionally wind me up or cause a debate it was pretty pointless.

This thread is pointless.

You didn’t name Wardle. In fact it was me that did.

You talked about a tenuous signing saying he was under the radar as a player.

We eventually confirm Wardle as a player and you claim that is who you were on about.

England centre…clearly under the radar.

I’m putting it out there now, we will sign a secondrow at some point in 2023…maybe sooner.

Can’t say who thought as I’ve been sworn to secrecy.

All very cringeworthy.
Don't reply to my posts then, simple.

I couldn't name Wardle and I told everyone why. You even replied to some of my hints saying I was on about Wardle, so you know as well as I do that I knew about it 🤣🤣

Everything I post you seem to criticise as if it pains you someone knows something, if i know nothing or make it up I must be good at guessing eh.

Wigan literally spoke to the press today after Id got the small bit of info. Its not coincidence.
josie andrews
Posts: 31999
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:17 pm
Location: Wigan
Contact:

Re: Small update on the rumours

Post by josie andrews »

I’m sick of the bickering, "it was me", "no it was me", "no it was him"!

Stop it the pair of you or I will lock this thread.

Can see it’s off season & coming up to Christmas. Everyone is fed up & moaning about everything & everybody!

Can’t wait for the season to start!

Bah humbug 🤦🏽‍♀️
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Blackpool_Pie
Posts: 713
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:44 pm

Re: Small update on the rumours

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

josie andrews wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:37 pm I’m sick of the bickering, "it was me", "no it was me", "no it was him"!

Stop it the pair of you or I will lock this thread.

Can see it’s off season & coming up to Christmas. Everyone is fed up & moaning about everything & everybody!

Can’t wait for the season to start!

Bah humbug 🤦🏽‍♀️
It's not just in the off season josie. It's all year round. I enjoy reading Dan's posts as he seems to have a lot more information than I do and he seems to more often than not get it right. Weather he outright names someone or not, he isn't totally vague all the time. It's tedious to see him getting slated left right and centre. I dont understand why other posters get so upset. If they don't think it's all true, just take it with a pinch of salt. I'm surprised he's put up with it so much to be honest. I just hope it doesn't put him off posting

Cheers Dan. Keep it up
nathan_rugby
Posts: 3716
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:12 pm

Re: Small update on the rumours

Post by nathan_rugby »

Blackpool_Pie wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:58 pm
josie andrews wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:37 pm I’m sick of the bickering, "it was me", "no it was me", "no it was him"!

Stop it the pair of you or I will lock this thread.

Can see it’s off season & coming up to Christmas. Everyone is fed up & moaning about everything & everybody!

Can’t wait for the season to start!

Bah humbug 🤦🏽‍♀️
It's not just in the off season josie. It's all year round. I enjoy reading Dan's posts as he seems to have a lot more information than I do and he seems to more often than not get it right. Weather he outright names someone or not, he isn't totally vague all the time. It's tedious to see him getting slated left right and centre. I dont understand why other posters get so upset. If they don't think it's all true, just take it with a pinch of salt. I'm surprised he's put up with it so much to be honest. I just hope it doesn't put him off posting

Cheers Dan. Keep it up
Agreed.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Post Reply