Small update on the rumours

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
medlocke

Re: Small update on the rumours

Post by medlocke »

Dreamteam wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 11:35 am
medlocke wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 11:29 am According to Rogues on rlfans

Three, possibly four players to leave, Bateman, a reserve/ 1st team squad player, a 1st team regular and possibly another one (that would be a shock I don't think it'll happen)
One or two top class players to come in, talks already underway. 1st one would be a MAJOR signing not seen in the game since the likes of Trent Barrett!
Cam murray and Nathan cleary for Powell ?
One can hope

My guess is

Bateman
Isa
Mago

and Maybe Powell but he's just been granted a testimonial so don't know how that would work

with Jared Waerea-Hargreaves and a big name Hooker in maybe
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

medlocke wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 11:49 am
medlocke wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 11:29 am According to Rogues on rlfans

Three, possibly four players to leave, Bateman, a reserve/ 1st team squad player, a 1st team regular and possibly another one (that would be a shock I don't think it'll happen)
One or two top class players to come in, talks already underway. 1st one would be a MAJOR signing not seen in the game since the likes of Trent Barrett!
One can hope

My guess is

Bateman
Isa
Mago

and Maybe Powell but he's just been granted a testimonial so don't know how that would work

Powell signed a deal not that long ago. Doesn’t start for anyone else in sl either so don’t know where he’d go. Bring jwh in would do some shirt sales along with French and field that
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Dreamteam wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 11:56 am

One can hope

My guess is

Bateman
Isa
Mago

Powell signed a deal not that long ago. Doesn’t start for anyone else in sl either so don’t know where he’d go. Bring jwh in would do some shirt sales along with French and field that
wasn't it only a 2 season deal that ends after next season?, could be wrong, you never know one of the bottom sides might take him as cover
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

medlocke wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:02 pm

One can hope

My guess is

Bateman
Isa
Mago

wasn't it only a 2 season deal that ends after next season?, could be wrong, you never know one of the bottom sides might take him as cover
This season and next season yep. Does stink of a Salford signing. Wonder if Matty shaw would put him in top 5 signings of the season like he did with partington 😂😂
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

I would imagine two of those who are rumored to be going are non-federation players.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Dreamteam wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:37 pm
This season and next season yep. Does stink of a Salford signing. Wonder if Matty shaw would put him in top 5 signings of the season like he did with partington 😂😂
Is it a fact he wouldn't start for anyone else?

Good to see good old factual knowledge at play again :)
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

Caboosegg wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:07 am

For anyone with a rugby brain who watches the other 9 s itl it is
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Dreamteam wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:52 pm
Caboosegg wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:07 am

For anyone with a rugby brain who watches the other 9 s itl it is
Your saying that wrong.

It should be :In your opinion (that you feel is better and more informed than anyone who doesn't share it)

The Actaul fact of the matter is we don't know of he would start at another club until there it is an option for another club to sign him as a free agent.

I'm not particularly a Powell fan I just find the rhetoric boring and ill informed, facts need actual evidence.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Included as this was one of the rumors, that Jones was coming to RL

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/63801857

England have sacked Eddie Jones, leaving the team without a head coach nine months before the Rugby World Cup.

Forwards coach Richard Cockerill will take over the running of the team on an interim basis.

Jones departs after a dismal year of results, with only five wins from 12 Tests in 2022.

The 62-year-old won three Six Nations titles in his seven years in charge and led the team to the 2019 World Cup final, which they lost to South Africa.

Jones' sacking follows a review into England's disappointing autumn campaign, which saw one win from four matches.

"I am pleased with much that we have achieved as an England team and I look forward to watching the team's performance in the future," said the Australian.

"Many of the players and I will no doubt keep in touch and I wish them all well in their future careers."
England's best-performing men's coaches (Test win percentage)
Eddie Jones (2016-2022) 73%
Jack Rowell (1994-1997) 72%
Geoff Cooke (1988-1994) 71%
Sir Clive Woodward (1997-2004) 71%
Mike Davis (1979-1982) 63%
Stuart Lancaster (2012-2015) 61%

Rugby Football Union chief executive Bill Sweeney praised Jones' "huge contribution" to English rugby.

"He has the highest win ratio of any previous England head coach and has helped develop the leadership skills of many players and coaches," said Sweeney.

"I am grateful to Eddie for all he has done for England across many areas of the game and the professional way in which he has approached reviewing the performance of the team.

"He has provided the panel with astute insight and meaningful lessons that will support the team performance going forward."

The RFU said it "will now conclude the long-term work it has been undertaking on coach succession planning" with a full-time appointment "set to be announced in the near future".
Borthwick among the contenders to take over

While the RFU initially hoped an English coach would succeed Jones, chief executive Bill Sweeney said earlier this month that another overseas coach is a possibility.

However, former Ireland fly-half Ronan O'Gara - head coach of French side La Rochelle - ruled himself out of the running, while Warren Gatland, who has led the British and Irish Lions on their past three tours, returned to Wales on Monday.

Leicester's Steve Borthwick, who served as England forwards coach under Jones between 2016 and 2019, is the leading domestic contender, with Sale's Alex Sanderson an outside option.

Jones took charge of England after a pool-stage exit from their home World Cup in 2015, and the team won his first 17 matches in charge.

That run included a Grand Slam in his first Six Nations campaign, a successful title defence and a first series whitewash of the Wallabies in Australia.

However, his hopes of leading England to a second World Cup have been dashed by a poor run of form.

England won only one match - a comfortable victory over Japan - from four Tests in the autumn and were booed by some fans after their final defeat by South Africa.

The RFU began a review a day later, saying results "were not where we expect them to be".

However, Jones leaves his England post with a better Test win percentage - 73% - than any of his predecessors.
archiekeith

Post by archiekeith »

Thought one was to report rumours not create them so I report all the above :"speculated"rumours" I" tip Med's because he's always right or wrong :D