Umyla Hanley

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
andystreacle19

Umyla Hanley

Post by andystreacle19 »

Signed for Leigh.
Gerrumonside

Re: Umyla Hanley

Post by Gerrumonside »

Our squad is getting smaller - should have enough cap to replace him with herbie farnworth! :lol:
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Probably for the best he seemed to have stood still at Wigan good luck to the lad
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

It is worrying that our squad is getting less and less, and there’s no signs so far of anymore replacements.
Think it’s the best thing for Hanley, don’t think he’s gonna make the standard for what we need
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Barney841 wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 6:37 am It is worrying that our squad is getting less and less, and there’s no signs so far of anymore replacements.
Think it’s the best thing for Hanley, don’t think he’s gonna make the standard for what we need
I’m going to stick my heck out here and say this,this moving on of,at best squad players is better than having a huge squad for the sake of it,no one who’s left is a world beater,who knows they may in time become so,but you back yourself as a coach I suppose.
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

probably a good / best move for him

another season, with perhaps 1 appearance isnt going to do his career any good.

At least at Leigh he is likely to get some game time, and if he performs, he could get picked up again by one of the bigger clubs.

as Fozzie mentions too, a trimming of the squad depth, whilst not particularly losing anyone that is likely to come back and hurt us, wont do any harm. Brings the wage bill down, opens an opportunity for an academy player to play in the reserves getting game time v better quality opposition, but also depending upon where they are in the squad, frees up some salary cap space, should we want to bring anyone else in
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

Reminds me abit of Lewis Tierney at Wigan (only really breaking in when players are injured and often a fringe player). Good move, best of luck to him!
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

CheshireWarrior wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 3:25 pm Reminds me abit of Lewis Tierney at Wigan (only really breaking in when players are injured and often a fringe player). Good move, best of luck to him!
I thought exactly the same…… a tad lightweight and not the best under the high ball…… not saying he cant improve massively though
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

CheshireWarrior wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 3:25 pm Reminds me abit of Lewis Tierney at Wigan (only really breaking in when players are injured and often a fringe player). Good move, best of luck to him!
I think Tierney was a little better for me. Good enough to be back up. I don't see Hanley being good enough to be a back up. Tierney for me, was good enough to play big games, as I say, as a backup or play a few games in a row. I don't see Hanley being anywhere near good enough to deputise in a big game or stand in for a few on the bounce.

Best of luck to him all the same. I do hope he kicks on as his career here had definitely stagnated a little
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

Seems to be a trial he’s on for a month, to then try and earn a full time deal. That presumably means we’ve released him or we’re at least prepared to do so if Leigh offer him something.