New Prop

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Jonh

Re: New Prop

Post by Jonh »

NICKYKISS wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 6:32 pm Ellis was ok overall but just needs to take the handbrake off for me. You can sort of see why he was quite a highly rated young player in Oz but why he never really cracked it there. It’s all steady but very safe, not much aggression in terms of charging the ball in and not much in defence. We do rotate our props pretty often, so none of them should be needing to leave anything in the tank during their spells. I think there’s a player there but he needs to be pushed hard.
I agree regarding Ellis.

I thought he started out well but tailed off mid season.

He’s a good ball playing “middle” with the natural size of a prop. He also had a reputation for having a bit of mongrel which I think we only saw once last year.

I’m expecting a step up from him in 2023 now he has had a season to acclimatise and kick on to a consistently higher level next season.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

I think Ellis confidence took a hit with that ban he was going well till then,still plenty of time for him to flourish same with Mago a player I enjoy watching when he comes on.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

I hope he does improve….. well both him and mago improving would be nice…….. josie, richards was completely different….. as said above he was played at centre which was never ever going to work…… that was down to bad management and nothing else
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

pedro wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 4:35 pm
josie andrews wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 3:02 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 10:59 am

They both need to improve this season.
People said the same thing about Pat Richards get shut after one season!!

Bah Humbug you lot 😉
he played out of position
I know he did, played him at centre when he’d always played on the wing & won a NRL GF on the wing!
Why would you move him into a different position? Beggars belief but then Agent Millward didn’t know a complete Winger when he saw one 😉😂
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

fozzieskem wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 8:18 pm I think Ellis confidence took a hit with that ban he was going well till then,still plenty of time for him to flourish same with Mago a player I enjoy watching when he comes on.
That’s true, he comments on that in the interview on Wigan TV
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Firestarter wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 8:39 pm I hope he does improve….. well both him and mago improving would be nice…….. josie, richards was completely different….. as said above he was played at centre which was never ever going to work…… that was down to bad management and nothing else
But the fans wouldn’t give him any leeway for that. I remember someone sat further down than me as Pat was about to take a goal from the touch line, shouting to him to get on a plane back to Oz!

To give Pat his due, he turned round & threw daggers towards where the shout came from, turned back & kicked the goal 😊
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

josie andrews wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:13 pm
Firestarter wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 8:39 pm I hope he does improve….. well both him and mago improving would be nice…….. josie, richards was completely different….. as said above he was played at centre which was never ever going to work…… that was down to bad management and nothing else
But the fans wouldn’t give him any leeway for that. I remember someone sat further down than me as Pat was about to take a goal from the touch line, shouting to him to get on a plane back to Oz!

To give Pat his due, he turned round & threw daggers towards where the shout came from, turned back & kicked the goal 😊
Yes some fans are very impatient
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
The Pearl1

Post by The Pearl1 »

Good point on the fans forum; Rads and IL are big Ellis fans.

I liked Ellis interview on Wigan TV and he glad he acknowledged his form was ordinary.

Cust, Ellis and Mago need big improvements in year 2 if we are to do anything special this year.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Firestarter wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:23 pm
josie andrews wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:13 pm

Yes some fans are very impatient
I always feel new players especially the Aussie signings need at least a year to settle in. Was only saying to Fozzie earlier this evening it’s a big change & upheaval for them.

They come over here in winter & the majority have never experienced British weather, the cold, the rain & damp, fog, snow & ice. It’s a big shock to their system. If they can embrace it as Pat did, they can be just as if not more successful & loved here as in Oz IMO 😊
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

The Pearl1 wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:41 pm
Good point on the fans forum; Rads and IL are big Ellis fans.

I liked Ellis interview on Wigan TV and he glad he acknowledged his form was ordinary.

Cust, Ellis and Mago need big improvements in year 2 if we are to do anything special this year.
What’s this??