New Prop

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
medlocke

Re: New Prop

Post by medlocke »

Bobby-WRL wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 3:06 pm Possibly putting 2 + 2 together and getting 5 but based on what reliable posters have said I think it’s most likely JW Hargreaves.
I really hope so
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

medlocke wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 3:28 pm
Bobby-WRL wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 3:06 pm Possibly putting 2 + 2 together and getting 5 but based on what reliable posters have said I think it’s most likely JW Hargreaves.
I really hope so
Thompson - maybe next year, Radley - maybe in a few years, so JWH is a possibility.

I think we really need to get a hard running 2nd row as top priority now, its asking a lot that Nsemba is ready from the off, maybe Beardsworth can progress rapidly and there maybe others in the Academy who could step up?
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

Are people not understanding the bit where we can’t sign a non English player yet or is this gonna continue all season 😂😂
Crossy210

Post by Crossy210 »

Dreamteam wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 4:55 pm Are people not understanding the bit where we can’t sign a non English player yet or is this gonna continue all season 😂😂
I was thinking this to bring JWH we would have to offload someone. As much as I’d like to see him play for us I can’t see it.
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

Dreamteam - do you really think that if we had the chance of signing a really good aussie/New Zealander we wouldn't offload someone (e.g. Miski or Mago, probably Mago)? I don't necessarily agree with the way that clubs 'persuade' players to leave whilst still under contract but it is done. If JRH wanted to come to Wigan the club would find a way and I would applaud them for it. Sadly I don't think we're likely to sign anybody of that quality now.
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

southportcdm wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 5:16 pm Dreamteam - do you really think that if we had the chance of signing a really good aussie/New Zealander we wouldn't offload someone (e.g. Miski or Mago, probably Mago)? I don't necessarily agree with the way that clubs 'persuade' players to leave whilst still under contract but it is done. If JRH wanted to come to Wigan the club would find a way and I would applaud them for it. Sadly I don't think we're likely to sign anybody of that quality now.
How would that work then. Hello Patrick are you ok leaving us to go and play in the championship to fev on less money so we can bring someone else in for u 😂😂. Our only chance is if an aus team want to bring one of them back. You buy average players you deserve to be stuck with them until contracts are up. Rads, stop buying average Aussies who aren’t good enough pls
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

Wigan could send one or two overseas players out on a season long loan, Saints did it a few years ago with Ryan Morgan and Travis Burns. They may also have done it with Dom Peyroux and Joseph Paulo more recently.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

If so they may have to pay part of their salaries. Not an uncommon practice. If a top class player becomes available then a large salary is available with just the overseas slot to sort out. Hardly an unsurmountable problem.

Still think we are quite well off though compared to last season. The two new centres are an improvement on just having Thornley who in the end only played a few games. Wardle is an excellent signing and should King improve to his previous top class form then we've two potential match winners on our hands. That's in addition to the numerous match winners we already have.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

We will go good unless we get injuries…….if we lose a halve thrn we are knackered……. Obviously we will struggle in the back row with injuries also……be nice to get a utility back and an all round forward but it depends who is available
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Gerrumonside

Post by Gerrumonside »

I’m still praying we do a final piece of recruitment before the season starts. Can our pack lay the platform for our backs? I know we’ve covered it a lot and with Batty going we’re a little short and we do have some options but feeling worried we’re a little light in the pack…

Hope I’m wrong!