New Prop

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
sheepsteeth

Re: New Prop

Post by sheepsteeth »

I could be wrong but it appeared to me we played better last season when Isa wasn’t in the 17.
He was given a year too many on his deal, if we could move him on I would, but only if we bring in another backrower. To leave us with Faz, KPP and Nsemba is leaving us short.
We’re heavy at prop and much as I think Mago could offer something he seems the most likely to be shifted from a squad make up point of view.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

sheepsteeth wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 8:02 am I could be wrong but it appeared to me we played better last season when Isa wasn’t in the 17.
He was given a year too many on his deal, if we could move him on I would, but only if we bring in another backrower. To leave us with Faz, KPP and Nsemba is leaving us short.
We’re heavy at prop and much as I think Mago could offer something he seems the most likely to be shifted from a squad make up point of view.
i agree with all this, bar, ide let ellis go as he adds nothing for me and has gradually gone worse….. granted mago needs improve fitness/game time but hes defo added something in the attack department
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Firestarter wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:00 am
sheepsteeth wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 8:02 am I could be wrong but it appeared to me we played better last season when Isa wasn’t in the 17.
i agree with all this, bar, ide let ellis go as he adds nothing for me and has gradually gone worse….. granted mago needs improve fitness/game time but hes defo added something in the attack department
They both need to improve this season.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 10:59 am
People said the same thing about Pat Richards get shut after one season!!

Bah Humbug you lot 😉
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

josie andrews wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 3:02 pm
Firestarter wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:00 am i agree with all this, bar, ide let ellis go as he adds nothing for me and has gradually gone worse….. granted mago needs improve fitness/game time but hes defo added something in the attack department

Bah Humbug you lot 😉
he did a signing event at Hindley tesco, with Danny Tickle i think it was. They had played on Friday night and got beat, and both were nearly run out of Hindley on the Saturday. Surprised he stayed on after that to be honest, as there was some quite blunt comments aimed their way
pedro

Post by pedro »

josie andrews wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 3:02 pm
Firestarter wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:00 am i agree with all this, bar, ide let ellis go as he adds nothing for me and has gradually gone worse….. granted mago needs improve fitness/game time but hes defo added something in the attack department

Bah Humbug you lot 😉
he played out of position
Jonh

Post by Jonh »

We cannot just “let players go” though.

They have to agree to the move if they are under contract.

That means they find another club (unlikely at this stage of the preseason in SL more likely in NRL but not on the money they will be earning with us) or we agree a financial severance package which counts against the salary cap.

I’d expect Isa and Miski to be prime candidates to leave at the end of this season and potentially Mago and Ellis too, however with the exception of Isa they all have an opportunity to play their way into the good books of Peet this coming year.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Jonh wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 5:04 pm
We cannot just “let players go” though.

They have to agree to the move if they are under contract.

That means they find another club (unlikely at this stage of the preseason in SL more likely in NRL but not on the money they will be earning with us) or we agree a financial severance package which counts against the salary cap.

I’d expect Isa and Miski to be prime candidates to leave at the end of this season and potentially Mago and Ellis too, however with the exception of Isa they all have an opportunity to play their way into the good books of Peet this coming year.
Is that still the case? The rules have recently changed regarding the salary cap.
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

Anyone who thinks Ellis will go soon should go and watch the fans forum that was held at the beginning of last season. They seemed convinced they want ellis around for a while
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

Ellis was ok overall but just needs to take the handbrake off for me. You can sort of see why he was quite a highly rated young player in Oz but why he never really cracked it there. It’s all steady but very safe, not much aggression in terms of charging the ball in and not much in defence. We do rotate our props pretty often, so none of them should be needing to leave anything in the tank during their spells. I think there’s a player there but he needs to be pushed hard.