New Prop

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Firestarter

Re: New Prop

Post by Firestarter »

josie andrews wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:46 pm
Firestarter wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:23 pm
josie andrews wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:13 pm

But the fans wouldn’t give him any leeway for that. I remember someone sat further down than me as Pat was about to take a goal from the touch line, shouting to him to get on a plane back to Oz!

To give Pat his due, he turned round & threw daggers towards where the shout came from, turned back & kicked the goal 😊
Yes some fans are very impatient
I always feel new players especially the Aussie signings need at least a year to settle in. Was only saying to Fozzie earlier this evening it’s a big change & upheaval for them.

They come over here in winter & the majority have never experienced British weather, the cold, the rain & damp, fog, snow & ice. It’s a big shock to their system. If they can embrace it as Pat did, they can be just as if not more successful & loved here as in Oz IMO 😊
yea good point josie
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 6:35 pm I believe in ddtftf.
me too..... Supposedly Thompson has turned us down for this season and wants to see out his contract in the NRL, JWH i have only heard rumours about, but coming from an agent it sounds promising that we are at least looking to sign some big powerful players.
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Been told tonight from someone inside the club we are planning on going all out for Luke Thompson for 2024 when he (as things stand) will be out of contract. Adds to what ddtftf has heard from outside the club.

Thompson turned us down earlier in the year for 2023, had no interest in not seeing out his current deal.

Ive been constantly told about Thompson for nearly 2 years now. Hopefully Wigan finally get their man.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

We are not done regarding transfers this season.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Big news yet to come according to someone on rlfans, anyone got any clue?
w.thomas

Post by w.thomas »

I have no clue, heard nothing. The club said they wasn’t replacing Bateman so I’d be surprised if we sign anyone else before the start of season.
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 12:09 am We are not done regarding transfers this season.
Is the big announcement a player do you know? I still get nothing when I ask about the announcement.
Bobby-WRL

Post by Bobby-WRL »

Rogues mentioned players. He’s a much respected supporter so I’ve definitely got my hopes up.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

From what i read.

They are not signing a replacement for Bateman.
That does not mean were not signing a player for other positions
Bobby-WRL

Post by Bobby-WRL »

Possibly putting 2 + 2 together and getting 5 but based on what reliable posters have said I think it’s most likely JW Hargreaves.