New Prop

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
medlocke

Re: New Prop

Post by medlocke »

morley pie eater wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:43 am
medlocke wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 5:58 pm
morley pie eater wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 5:22 pm

Alex Walmesley
Spent force
I thought the discussion was about getting props from the championship? Walmesley was one, whether he's now a spent force or not. I wish we'd have had him for the past 6 or 7 years.

Chris Hill also started at Leigh, I believe, and is still a good un.
My mistake
craigo

Post by craigo »

nathan_rugby wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:32 am
craigo wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:42 pm I honestly could be a scout. Seriously. I know a good player when I see one.
Simple as that?
Of course. Surely you can tell the difference between amateur players to lower league(L1). To Championship. Then a huge difference up to Super League. Talented kids will stand out.
I have supported Wigan RL since the late 80s. First game was a cup tie v Barrow. Also a fan of football and Speedway. Have a varied taste in music.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

craigo wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:37 am
craigo wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:42 pm I honestly could be a scout. Seriously. I know a good player when I see one.
Simple as that?
Of course. Surely you can tell the difference between amateur players to lower league(L1). To Championship. Then a huge difference up to Super League. Talented kids will stand out.
Why are you not working as a scout then?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
craigo

Post by craigo »

nathan_rugby wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:40 am
craigo wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:37 am

Simple as that?
Why are you not working as a scout then?
don't know. Without messing about. I could scout, coach, referee, touch judge. DEFINITELY,DEFINITELY video referee better than most in the business.Chances are, So could you !.
I have supported Wigan RL since the late 80s. First game was a cup tie v Barrow. Also a fan of football and Speedway. Have a varied taste in music.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

I think props are the most likely player to be found at lower levels and end up outstanding at higher levels. The development of a prop is not necessarily as quick as an outside back, they often mature into the role their mid twenties, sometimes even having moved positions as their bodies develop. So I'd say you can find a good prop or two in the lower divisions if you keep your eye out.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
WIGIAN

Post by WIGIAN »

Yes true, where did Walmsley come from ? Seems to be doing OK
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

WIGIAN wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 11:54 am Yes true, where did Walmsley come from ? Seems to be doing OK
Batley, before that Dewsbury Moor
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

Havard, not picked up at scholarship level, now probably the best young prop in Superleague. Sadly I think he's destined for NRL.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

No straw damn us wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 12:08 am Havard, not picked up at scholarship level, now probably the best young prop in Superleague. Sadly I think he's destined for NRL.
I'd be amazed if he doesn't end up there
Jonh

Post by Jonh »

Total speculation on my part however I believe Tanginoa is being used as a swap deal for a middle forward by Wakefield.

Trinity were keen on Mago.

We need a secondrow.

Possibility it could be us in the mix.

Wire known admirers of Tanginoa too.

As I said total speculation.