Victor Radley

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Dan2266

Re: Victor Radley

Post by Dan2266 »

I was corrected on the wages at the time of the original post, my point was more the interest is there, from Wigan's side at least
Bobby-WRL

Post by Bobby-WRL »

No smoke without fire and there has been far too much smoke from very reliable posters over the last fortnight.
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

Would we have given the 13 shirt to Smithies if there was a chance of getting Radley this season? I'm afraid we've been caught out by the Bateman situation and there won't be any significant singings for the coming season. Hope I'm wrong but can't help feeling that, as things stand, one bad injury and the squad has less depth than last season.
Jonh

Post by Jonh »

If you listen to the James Graham podcast featuring Victor he states quite clearly he has no intention of leaving the Roosters any time soon and talked about playing there for life, how he had been offered more to move but he grew up in the area, hid mum and dad still live in the area and he sees no reason to leave.

Now I think he probably will make a move to SL towards the end of his career however we are 8-10 years away from that.

Talk of Wigan being interested is really a bit daft. Same as the Wigan are scouting Dom Young line that was rolled out earlier in the year.

Should top players be available and open to a move to SL then obviously we will be interested as one if the clubs with the most pull in SL.

I’m going to start a rumour now. We are very interested in a second row who is on quota for 2024.

When we sign someone I’m then going to confirm it.

With the cap situation and the fact that the NRL is the premiere rugby comp in the world you are not going to be recruiting top NRL stars in their prime years regardless of “interest” or not.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Jonh wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 12:02 pm If you listen to the James Graham podcast featuring Victor he states quite clearly he has no intention of leaving the Roosters any time soon and talked about playing there for life, how he had been offered more to move but he grew up in the area, hid mum and dad still live in the area and he sees no reason to leave.

Now I think he probably will make a move to SL towards the end of his career however we are 8-10 years away from that.

Talk of Wigan being interested is really a bit daft. Same as the Wigan are scouting Dom Young line that was rolled out earlier in the year.

Should top players be available and open to a move to SL then obviously we will be interested as one if the clubs with the most pull in SL.

I’m going to start a rumour now. We are very interested in a second row who is on quota for 2024.

When we sign someone I’m then going to confirm it.

With the cap situation and the fact that the NRL is the premiere rugby comp in the world you are not going to be recruiting top NRL stars in their prime years regardless of “interest” or not.
I agree, there is no chance of recruiting Radley. Wigan should be concentrating on retaining Smithies who is off contract at the end of 2023.
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

I can't see much mileage in this, would have to read an Oz fish n chip wrapper first for it to carry any credibility! :lol: