Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Club already want to sign King permanently, the place is bouncing and full of belief at the moment and there is a genuine belief we will end saints dominance.

Prop high on the agenda for the end of season as is a half back as its expected Cust will head home & Mago will be let go as things stand.

Not sure which out of the two will take priority I guess it will unfold as the season progresses.

Not getting into tittle tattle on this thread or back and forward snide comments with certain users. This is just what Ive been told so I am posting it.

More hands on / permanent role is there for Wane depending on the outcome of his England Career.

However it is thought within the club that if he leaves England he will take up a head coach job in SL or move to RU - England (hardly surprising )
Blackpool_Pie

Re: 2024.

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

As usual, thanks for the little bit of extra info Dan

Fwiw I do not see Waney being a fit for Union
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Thanks for the update Dan, Mago may just crack on this season, we never know. 🤔 I hope he does come on as he is a smashing bloke & is always willing to stop & chat to fans.

I sometimes feel that some Aussies come over & are under the impression that SL is not as good, okay, I know what you’re all going to say, what I’m meaning is they sometimes think it’s not as good, hard or as fast as NRL & they can ease up on training, diet etc.

Mago may just realise that he hasn’t performed as he can, as he did at the start or could & because of this his fitness failed him & subsequently got demoted in rank as a starting prop! Maybe he is just laid back! 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Club already want to sign King permanently
He seems genuinely happy atm seems to fit in, but it always takes a little while for new guys just to get used to the place, he appears a lot more cheerful than Jake Wardle who looks a bit overwhelmed when mixing with fans. Told him last night he will soon get used to us lot 😊

Also I didn’t realise how tall Toby is in person!
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

There’s a lad coning out of contract at Salford next year who wouldn’t be a bad replacement for cust
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Dreamteam wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:14 am There’s a lad coning out of contract at Salford next year who wouldn’t be a bad replacement for cust
The one that's already getting offers from the NRL
Gerrumonside

Post by Gerrumonside »

It’s a shame as I had a feeling Cust would be around for a few more seasons but fair play if he wants to head home, he’s been good for us and hopefully another belting season ahead!

If O’Neill & Forber keep progressing then an out and out half would be good with Astley to keep learning in the background. Be interesting to see who we line up as replacements.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Gerrumonside wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:17 am
It’s a shame as I had a feeling Cust would be around for a few more seasons but fair play if he wants to head home, he’s been good for us and hopefully another belting season ahead!

If O’Neill & Forber keep progressing then an out and out half would be good with Astley to keep learning in the background. Be interesting to see who we line up as replacements.
Me too, he seems to be really enjoying his time here & he too is such a pleasant guy to have around the club.

Both him & Harry are playing as halfback twins this season with same haircut 😂😂 Good that they get on well.
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

medlocke wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:29 am
Dreamteam wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:14 am There’s a lad coning out of contract at Salford next year who wouldn’t be a bad replacement for cust
The one that's already getting offers from the NRL
Rather be at Wigan than Penrith
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

What about Kyle Flannagan?