Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
medlocke

Re: 2024.

Post by medlocke »

Dreamteam wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 11:15 am
medlocke wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:29 am
Dreamteam wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:14 am There’s a lad coning out of contract at Salford next year who wouldn’t be a bad replacement for cust
The one that's already getting offers from the NRL?
Rather be at Wigan than Penrith
Would be good
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

josie andrews wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 11:12 am
Gerrumonside wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:17 am
It’s a shame as I had a feeling Cust would be around for a few more seasons but fair play if he wants to head home, he’s been good for us and hopefully another belting season ahead!

If O’Neill & Forber keep progressing then an out and out half would be good with Astley to keep learning in the background. Be interesting to see who we line up as replacements.
Me too, he seems to be really enjoying his time here & he too is such a pleasant guy to have around the club.

Both him & Harry are playing as halfback twins this season with same haircut 😂😂 Good that they get on well.
Would like him to stay regardless of silly haircut
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

Dan2266 wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 3:13 am Club already want to sign King permanently, the place is bouncing and full of belief at the moment and there is a genuine belief we will end saints dominance.

Prop high on the agenda for the end of season as is a half back as its expected Cust will head home & Mago will be let go as things stand.

Not sure which out of the two will take priority I guess it will unfold as the season progresses.

Not getting into tittle tattle on this thread or back and forward snide comments with certain users. This is just what Ive been told so I am posting it.

More hands on / permanent role is there for Wane depending on the outcome of his England Career.

However it is thought within the club that if he leaves England he will take up a head coach job in SL or move to RU - England (hardly surprising )
Well Dan, on Wane that's all bases covered?
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

medlocke wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 11:58 am
josie andrews wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 11:12 am
Gerrumonside wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:17 am
It’s a shame as I had a feeling Cust would be around for a few more seasons but fair play if he wants to head home, he’s been good for us and hopefully another belting season ahead!

If O’Neill & Forber keep progressing then an out and out half would be good with Astley to keep learning in the background. Be interesting to see who we line up as replacements.
Me too, he seems to be really enjoying his time here & he too is such a pleasant guy to have around the club.

Both him & Harry are playing as halfback twins this season with same haircut 😂😂 Good that they get on well.
Would like him to stay regardless of silly haircut
I'd like one of those silly haircuts, unfortunately I have not enough for the barber to work with :lol:
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

So no news on a backrower this season dan? Seems daft we are eyeing up a prop for next season when we are going weaker and weaker in the back row( batty gone, isa and faz ageing and KPP next season)
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Jonh

Post by Jonh »

Firestarter wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 3:43 pm So no news on a backrower this season dan? Seems daft we are eyeing up a prop for next season when we are going weaker and weaker in the back row( batty gone, isa and faz ageing and KPP next season)

No inside info but you don’t have to be Nostradamus to predict we will be bringing in probably 2 second rows and a Prop.

If Cust has decided he wants to head home obviously he needs replacing too.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Why are so many people mentioning Cust going back?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

nathan_rugby wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:06 pm Why are so many people mentioning Cust going back?
My sentiments too. I was under the impression the way he talkes in interviews he loves it here and quite keen to stay.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

keptinthedarkfans wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:17 pm
nathan_rugby wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:06 pm Why are so many people mentioning Cust going back?
My sentiments too. I was under the impression the way he talkes in interviews he loves it here and quite keen to stay.
He’s always gives that impression every time I speak to him, he loves it here.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

josie andrews wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 7:16 pm
keptinthedarkfans wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:17 pm
He’s always gives that impression every time I speak to him, he loves it here.
I just watched the Wigan v Saints match from round 25 and Cust looked chuffed to bits when we scored, certainly looked like a player who loves playing for Wigan, would love to keep hold of him for a few more seasons