Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Flash

Re: 2024.

Post by Flash »

medlocke wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:10 pm
the pieman wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 1:14 pm
jaws1 wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 7:26 am lot out of contract at end of season time to do a Warrington and rebuild
Wigan Warriors – 11

Mike Cooper (option for another year), Cade Cust (option for another year), Kaide Ellis (option for another year), Toby King (loan), Willie Isa, Patrick Mago (option for another year), Abbas Miski (option for another year), Ramon Silva (option for another year), Brad Singleton, Morgan Smithies, Iain Thornley (option for another year).
https://www.totalrl.com/every-super-lea ... -to-make/
this is the big challenge for us for next year and perhaps the couple beyond that, in terms of whether we are going to be realistically challenging for trophies

on here it is felt that there are 4-5 of the current players out of contract who shouldnt be offered new ones (that rises to 7/8 or 9 in some fans cases). We have lost Bateman from this seasons playing rosta and already know KPP is over to Oz next season.

however, look at the list of OoC players across SL. I genuinely dont think you could replace most of them if we were to lose up to 9 of those players with a player of equal or better quality from SL.

so we either retain more than the fans would want or we need to lose all the overseas players who are out of contract to be able to bring in some big names from Oz / NZ. From the list there are potentially 5 overseas players we could be losing. Ideally we would retain Cust (subject to form), so that we get some stability from a 1/2 back partnership and build around this for the next few years.

so over to Meds for his fantasy 4 picks to replace the potentially departing overseas players :)
It's a head scratcher to be honest, plenty of NRL players on offer but not a clue who anyone is :oops: , looking at our ooc players again I think we should retain Cooper for another season and Singleton depending on their performances this year along with Cust and Smithies, replace the rest and Powel if possible, bringing in 4 from the NRL, Centre, 2 props (JWH still rumoured), Hooker & 2nd Row, I'll add some names just for consistency :D

Ben Trbojevic
Luke Thompson
Jayden Nikorima
Aaron Woods
Michael Chee Kam
You been on the pop again Meds? I make that 5 :shock: :lol:
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Flash wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 8:54 pm
medlocke wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:10 pm
the pieman wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 1:14 pm

this is the big challenge for us for next year and perhaps the couple beyond that, in terms of whether we are going to be realistically challenging for trophies

on here it is felt that there are 4-5 of the current players out of contract who shouldnt be offered new ones (that rises to 7/8 or 9 in some fans cases). We have lost Bateman from this seasons playing rosta and already know KPP is over to Oz next season.

however, look at the list of OoC players across SL. I genuinely dont think you could replace most of them if we were to lose up to 9 of those players with a player of equal or better quality from SL.

so we either retain more than the fans would want or we need to lose all the overseas players who are out of contract to be able to bring in some big names from Oz / NZ. From the list there are potentially 5 overseas players we could be losing. Ideally we would retain Cust (subject to form), so that we get some stability from a 1/2 back partnership and build around this for the next few years.

so over to Meds for his fantasy 4 picks to replace the potentially departing overseas players :)
It's a head scratcher to be honest, plenty of NRL players on offer but not a clue who anyone is :oops: , looking at our ooc players again I think we should retain Cooper for another season and Singleton depending on their performances this year along with Cust and Smithies, replace the rest and Powel if possible, bringing in 4 from the NRL, Centre, 2 props (JWH still rumoured), Hooker & 2nd Row, I'll add some names just for consistency :D

Ben Trbojevic
Luke Thompson
Jayden Nikorima
Aaron Woods
Michael Chee Kam
You been on the pop again Meds? I make that 5 :shock: :lol:
You fell into my cunning plan :lol:

I forgot to change it to 5 before posting :oops:
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

We need to tie Smithies down, he may not be attracting glances from the NRL but he could very well be playing for another SL club next season. 😒
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 12:13 pm We need to tie Smithies down, he may not be attracting glances from the NRL but he could very well be playing for another SL club next season. 😒
Would keep smithies if we can sign him up to a reasonable deal but I wouldn’t be overpaying him. Still got abit to prove I think
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Barney841 wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 2:41 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 12:13 pm We need to tie Smithies down, he may not be attracting glances from the NRL but he could very well be playing for another SL club next season. 😒
Would keep smithies if we can sign him up to a reasonable deal but I wouldn’t be overpaying him. Still got abit to prove I think
I agree,he's an odd one Smithess good player and a tackle machine for sure but needs to add to other aspects of his game and drop the petulant side he can show,its got him into trouble before and frankly he's a better player when he doesn't show it,but that being said still far from the player we hope he can become
Charriots Offiah

fozzieskem wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 9:57 am
I agree,he's an odd one Smithess good player and a tackle machine for sure but needs to add to other aspects of his game and drop the petulant side he can show,its got him into trouble before and frankly he's a better player when he doesn't show it,but that being said still far from the player we hope he can become
A must for me, we cannot keep loosing good juniors.
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 12:30 pm

We’d have lost havard if he didn’t pick up a few bad injury’s at the time of interest. I reckon we still might
Charriots Offiah

Dreamteam wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 3:21 pm

We’d have lost havard if he didn’t pick up a few bad injury’s at the time of interest. I reckon we still might
I think you are probably right.
Big stick

Post by Big stick »

Don’t worry guys we’ll keep the salary cap were teams like Wakefield can continue to drain the funding spending under cap making a profit and coasting
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Big stick wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 7:32 pm

Don’t worry guys we’ll keep the salary cap were teams like Wakefield can continue to drain the funding spending under cap making a profit and coasting
10 team SL needed
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐