Oliver gildart

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
tomyogi

Oliver gildart

Post by tomyogi »

Rumours online state gildart is looking for a return to super league in 2024. I know we have a history of resigning former players, i would be interested in seeing if the club makes a move for him as a replacement for toby king as hes only on loan this season
:P :) :D ;) :o
Firestarter

Re: Oliver gildart

Post by Firestarter »

tomyogi wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 9:57 am Rumours online state gildart is looking for a return to super league in 2024. I know we have a history of resigning former players, i would be interested in seeing if the club makes a move for him as a replacement for toby king as hes only on loan this season
I think we will sign king if he performs this season…… gildart only wants back because hes not getting game time
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
tomyogi

Post by tomyogi »

Not sure if id want to sign king permanently. Rather an in form gildart
:P :) :D ;) :o
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

tomyogi wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:36 am Not sure if id want to sign king permanently. Rather an in form gildart
Gildart hasn't had any form in the last 5 years
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

tomyogi wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:36 am Not sure if id want to sign king permanently. Rather an in form gildart
That player has long gone.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

Not unrealistic to presume Gildart might return (when you consider our history of returns and King on loan).

I'd keep an open mind and see how he goes week by week. Ryan Hall seemed to have a nightmare at Sydney Roosters and hit form again at Hull KR.

Maybe some players actually realise they are better suited or just prefer SL over NRL.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

King is a right centre, Gildart plays on the left. I don't see the reason for re-signing Gildart when King could do the right centre job for us. There's a whole season to work that one out.

Wardle is our left centre and must surely stay.

There will be other clubs interested in Gildart, let him go there.
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

As somebody else pointed out on another thread, Gilly plays on the left as does Wardle. There isn't a place for Gilly anymore. Most likely go to wire (with his mate George) and get better paid.

Sorry Wiganer Ted, you just beat me to it.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Don’t want gilly back.
I’ve always said he’s overrated.
Always knew he wouldn’t make it in the NRL but credit to him for giving it a go
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

We should not even consider him for 2024 and on.

Last 2 seasons for us he was not improving and also went back as a player. 2 years almost technically out of top class rugby. Too much of a risk for a position that is so crucial in todays game. Also he would want big money given his reputation.

We need to end the safe route back if you fail or want to come home.