Oliver gildart

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Charriots Offiah

Re: Oliver gildart

Post by Charriots Offiah »

fozzieskem wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:22 pm
Jonh wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:02 am
Southern Softy wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:36 pm The only real question to ask is "Is he better than what we have at the moment?" Looking at King, just about anyone would be better. (Excepting Gelling, obviously.)
What is King doing so badly, genuinely interested in your thoughts?
For me the jury is still out,Wardle to isn’t setting the place on fire but so far Marshall,apart few are at present,I suppose the issue with King is his form of the last few years which has been ropey to say the last and he’s not really looking towards Frenchneither which is my main bugbear when we have a winger that even in this weather is very capable of getting us off our bums.

So time yet and hope both are just settling in but room for improvement
I think that is pretty fair Fozzie.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Southern Softy wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:36 pm The only real question to ask is "Is he better than what we have at the moment?" Looking at King, just about anyone would be better. (Excepting Gelling, obviously.)
For me the jury is still out,Wardle to isn’t setting the place on fire but so far Marshall,apart few are at present,I suppose the issue with King is his form of the last few years which has been ropey to say the last and he’s not really looking towards Frenchneither which is my main bugbear when we have a winger that even in this weather is very capable of getting us off our bums.

For me field and(especially) french have been poor up to now…… granted they are allowed a few off games but this is what happens when teams are too dependent on certain players
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Charriots Offiah

Firestarter wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:20 pm

For me field and(especially) french have been poor up to now…… granted they are allowed a few off games but this is what happens when teams are too dependent on certain players
I would say quiet rather than poor but, until our pack can muscle up, I don’t see much of a change until we hit the hard track.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:03 pm
Firestarter wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:20 pm

I would say quiet rather than poor but, until our pack can muscle up, I don’t see much of a change until we hit the hard track.
Yes “poor” was a bad choice of words and i have no doubt we are a much better warm weather team
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

Back on topic.
I have a feeling that Gildart may end up at Salford to replace Dan Sarginson. I haven't heard anything, just a hunch.
Charriots Offiah

No straw damn us wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 3:26 pm Back on topic.
I have a feeling that Gildart may end up at Salford to replace Dan Sarginson. I haven't heard anything, just a hunch.
I wouldn’t rule Warrington out.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 3:45 pm
No straw damn us wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 3:26 pm Back on topic.
I wouldn’t rule Warrington out.
I would,to me Gildart isn't a Powell type.personality
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

Well, his debut was terrible but that can happen. Since then, he doesn't seem confident in jumping for the high ball under pressure (he tends to stand and wait for the ball which means a forward can jump and take the ball); his defensive positioning is poor - he sometimes jumps out of the line (not as often as Bibby) but never seems to be in the correct position to stop an attack and more worryingly, he seems to have no pace. Hankinson was slow but he could defend - King seems to have none of the right attributes for a centre.
Wardle, on the other hand, has taken time to sort out how to play with Liam Marshall and that now looks to be on the way to being a very handy setup for defence and attack.
At the moment, I'd say that King is a worse option than putting a second-rower into centre as we did last season. I hope he proves me wrong because I'd rather be wrong and have a winning team but he doesn't convince me at all currently.
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

For me Kings got better each game, given Catalans no one played well!
The ssue with D on the right edge is we have also lost Batty as well as swapping the halves around so three new players from four down that endge . That was always going to take time with him coming to us down on conference as well I'm happy to give him some slack. His yardage has been better than most.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jonh

Post by Jonh »

Southern Softy wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:30 am
Well, his debut was terrible but that can happen. Since then, he doesn't seem confident in jumping for the high ball under pressure (he tends to stand and wait for the ball which means a forward can jump and take the ball); his defensive positioning is poor - he sometimes jumps out of the line (not as often as Bibby) but never seems to be in the correct position to stop an attack and more worryingly, he seems to have no pace. Hankinson was slow but he could defend - King seems to have none of the right attributes for a centre.
Wardle, on the other hand, has taken time to sort out how to play with Liam Marshall and that now looks to be on the way to being a very handy setup for defence and attack.
At the moment, I'd say that King is a worse option than putting a second-rower into centre as we did last season. I hope he proves me wrong because I'd rather be wrong and have a winning team but he doesn't convince me at all currently.
How was his debut “terrible”?

He got a read wrong in defence and went for the lead runner ok I get that.

How else was his debut “terrible”?

Just to put his “terrible” debit in context, he came up with an assist, a try saving tackle and ran for the most meters out of anyone in the 17 so I’m interested to know why you think it was so “terrible”.

He also came in the top 3 for tackle busts.

So I’m interested to understand why you think he had such s terrible debut.