Oliver gildart

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Blackpool_Pie

Re: Oliver gildart

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

I absolutely love Gilly. Top bloke, really nice lad and at his best he was really really good and had most attributes to make a top class centre. Unfortunately for him that top form has eluded him since he got injured several seasons ago and he isn't what he used to be. Be it fitness, mentality after injury or a bit of both, you'd have to be blind to not see he's not the same player. It's a crying shame and I feel his career just won't pick up. I really hope it does, wherever he ends up
Exiled Wiganer

Re: Oliver gildart

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I don’t know the inside story on him, but the sense I had is that he coasted at Wigan once he had his NRL contract in his pocket. If that is the case - and I would be pleased to be proven wrong - then my sympathy for him is someone limited. If he was playing his hardest whenever he could for us he wasn’t going to develop resilience or perfect the skills in attack and defence needed to be a great centre. If he was giving his best and injuries ruined him, then that’s a shame. I am happy with our 2 out and out centres, I think they already add a lot and will get better and better.