Potential swap

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Firestarter

Re: Potential swap

Post by Firestarter »

With the present injuries im thinking we might be bringing in a player real soon….. granted we have been brilliant recently but we are getting very thin
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Firestarter wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:33 am With the present injuries im thinking we might be bringing in a player real soon….. granted we have been brilliant recently but we are getting very thin
A prop is a must, Cooper's gone and Singo is busted (age seems to have caught up).
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 12:25 pm
Firestarter wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:33 am With the present injuries im thinking we might be bringing in a player real soon….. granted we have been brilliant recently but we are getting very thin
A prop is a must, Cooper's gone and Singo is busted (age seems to have caught up).
Who is available though
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

medlocke wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 12:53 pm
Who is available though
Dont know.Im betting our scouts are looking though
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Firestarter wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 1:00 pm
medlocke wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 12:53 pm

Who is available though
Dont know.Im betting our scouts are looking though
Hope they find somebody soon
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

Now that Ellis is out for four to six weeks the combination of props we played today (Havard, Byrne, Mago, Hill and Nsemba) is all we've got for the next four to six weeks. They were enough to get us past a very poor wakey but we'll struggle against a decent pack. There must be somebody that we can sign, even if only on loan, to ease the burden a bit. Results so far this season suggest we've got a chance of winning something so it would be a shame if we lose out because of bad luck with injuries when we should have some cap space following the Bateman debacle.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Sam Walters may become available at Leeds. Perhaps he's not happy at being played and has suggested he wants out. Maybe a transfer contribution into GH's Rhinos coffers could persuade them to release from 1st May.
Ashworth at Hudds is a bench player and he's massive unit and could be worth a punt.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Wiganer Ted wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 9:24 pm Sam Walters may become available at Leeds. Perhaps he's not happy at being played and has suggested he wants out. Maybe a transfer contribution into GH's Rhinos coffers could persuade them to release from 1st May.
Ashworth at Hudds is a bench player and he's massive unit and could be worth a punt.
Ashworth or Trout would be good signings, both make plenty of metres. Whitbread would also do a good job for us.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

A Championship prop on loan for the rest of the season, maybe? Fishing for another Walmesley without the risk of a 2 or 3 year contract.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

morley pie eater wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 11:09 am A Championship prop on loan for the rest of the season, maybe? Fishing for another Walmesley without the risk of a 2 or 3 year contract.
i would assume the issue with that, is most championship players are part-time, so they may struggle on the fitness front? It took Walmesley a good season or so to get up to speed in terms of fitness etc, so i personally think it would be a big ask for someone to drop in and be able to play at SL level. I could be wrong and there may be a hidden gem out there, but not too hopeful on that front