Potential swap

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Jonh

Potential swap

Post by Jonh »

Pure speculation on my part however Michael Carter mentioned in an interview yesterday Trinity are searching for a middle and another unpopular (with the fans) swap deal was likely, after the recent deal that saw Dagger and Hall swap clubs.

The only player really coveted by clubs at Trinity is Tanginoa a right edge second row.

Wakefield were close to signing Mago in the offseason and we were willing to let him go.

I think a potential deal would make sense given we need a right edge secondrow and they need a middle.

Maybe 2+2=5

Warrington have chased Tanginoa for a few years so I’d think it may be more likely he ends up there for someone like Bullock…but you never know. Looks like they will have a quota spot available with Mikael going to the Titans very soon.

I expect a move will happen early next week one way or the other.
fozzieskem

Re: Potential swap

Post by fozzieskem »

Jonh wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 3:57 pm Pure speculation on my part however Michael Carter mentioned in an interview yesterday Trinity are searching for a middle and another unpopular (with the fans) swap deal was likely, after the recent deal that saw Dagger and Hall swap clubs.

The only player really coveted by clubs at Trinity is Tanginoa a right edge second row.

Wakefield were close to signing Mago in the offseason and we were willing to let him go.

I think a potential deal would make sense given we need a right edge secondrow and they need a middle.

Maybe 2+2=5

Warrington have chased Tanginoa for a few years so I’d think it may be more likely he ends up there for someone like Bullock…but you never know. Looks like they will have a quota spot available with Mikael going to the Titans very soon.

Yea I heard that podcast with Carter definitely in the mood for deals it seems as far Warrington goes any player pre Powell I'd say is a no go to be honest.
pedro

Post by pedro »

heard they are after o donnell from leigh
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Jonh wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 3:57 pm Pure speculation on my part however Michael Carter mentioned in an interview yesterday Trinity are searching for a middle and another unpopular (with the fans) swap deal was likely, after the recent deal that saw Dagger and Hall swap clubs.

Maybe 2+2=5

Get the deal done.
craigo

Post by craigo »

Would be happy to get that player. But I do like Mago. Apart from the obvious game this season.
I have supported Wigan RL since the late 80s. First game was a cup tie v Barrow. Also a fan of football and Speedway. Have a varied taste in music.
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

We can’t keep waiting for Mago to pull his finger out. He could be a devastating prop forward but he looks half asleep most of the time. He is off contract at the end of this season and in reality might be scrapping for a first team career in the game but you wouldn’t think so watching him. If we don’t renew and nobody else picks him up in the UK, I doubt an NRL club will give him more than reserve grade money.

I’m not sure on Tanginoa. He was excellent in his first season but pretty quiet since. We need a back rower more than we need Mago however, so he could be worth a punt.
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

I thought Miski did an excellent job last night, so much so, that it's probably put Mago in the position of being the most expendable import player if we need to make a swap.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

NICKYKISS wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:44 am We can’t keep waiting for Mago to pull his finger out. He could be a devastating prop forward but he looks half asleep most of the time. He is off contract at the end of this season and in reality might be scrapping for a first team career in the game but you wouldn’t think so watching him. If we don’t renew and nobody else picks him up in the UK, I doubt an NRL club will give him more than reserve grade money.

I’m not sure on Tanginoa. He was excellent in his first season but pretty quiet since. We need a back rower more than we need Mago however, so he could be worth a punt.
He wants to go home anyway.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 3:29 pm
NICKYKISS wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:44 am We can’t keep waiting for Mago to pull his finger out. He could be a devastating prop forward but he looks half asleep most of the time. He is off contract at the end of this season and in reality might be scrapping for a first team career in the game but you wouldn’t think so watching him. If we don’t renew and nobody else picks him up in the UK, I doubt an NRL club will give him more than reserve grade money.

He wants to go home anyway.
Chariots , do you mean tanginoa or mago wants to go home?
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

If it is Mago, hopefully they can work something out with him asap and leave themselves in a position to move if an overseas forward becomes available. I’d give Harvie Hill a shot next before bringing Mago back in.