Options for next year

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Charriots Offiah

Re: Options for next year

Post by Charriots Offiah »

medlocke wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 9:08 am
Firestarter wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 8:46 am
medlocke wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 8:40 am What we need are established/veteran players NOT project players with potential
I think we will sign a forward very soon meds.The question is who?.Maybe a loan deal.Any idea when hampshire is due back? I seem to remember someone saying he was nearly fit
I'm sure somebody on here said that Rocky was playing this week or next week in the academy/reserves?
This week mate.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 9:54 am

I think we will sign a forward very soon meds.The question is who?.Maybe a loan deal.Any idea when hampshire is due back? I seem to remember someone saying he was nearly fit
I'm sure somebody on here said that Rocky was playing this week or next week in the academy/reserves?
This week mate.
Cheers.Thats good maybe him at stand off and shorrocks at 13 until cade and jai are fit
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Firestarter wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 4:59 pm Ide keep isa
Yes!!!! He's been great this season, maturing with age like a fine wine!
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

This week mate.
Same day as England game!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

josie andrews wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 1:44 pm

This week mate.
Same day as England game!
Fingers crossed the Reserves game is live on Wigan TV, v Wakey who were the 2nd best reserves last year.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Firestarter wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 10:33 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 10:17 pm
geddard wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:43 pm Sam Walters and Owen Trout should be 2 players were looking at for next season
I like Trout.
Salmon and cod are nicer imo
Your'e just codding us again :)
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

Bentley is a moron, which is a shame as he’s not a bad player and he’s a right sided second rower but I wouldn’t go anywhere near him. I also wouldn’t go near Thompson due to his injury problems and huge wage.

If I were going through that off contract list for Superleague, I would have Satae, Trout, Walters and Kai O’Donnell as options to discuss with their agents. We tried for Walters when he went to Leeds, so I wouldn’t be surprised if we went back in again. Satae is a real weapon when on top form and Trout is a good young forward. Kai O’Donnell is playing really well for Leigh and there is some talk that Wane wants him to commit to England. He us very good statistically when you look at his workrate on both sides of the ball.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

NICKYKISS wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 7:48 pm Bentley is a moron, which is a shame as he’s not a bad player and he’s a right sided second rower but I wouldn’t go anywhere near him. I also wouldn’t go near Thompson due to his injury problems and huge wage.

If I were going through that off contract list for Superleague, I would have Satae, Trout, Walters and Kai O’Donnell as options to discuss with their agents. We tried for Walters when he went to Leeds, so I wouldn’t be surprised if we went back in again. Satae is a real weapon when on top form and Trout is a good young forward. Kai O’Donnell is playing really well for Leigh and there is some talk that Wane wants him to commit to England. He us very good statistically when you look at his workrate on both sides of the ball.
Agreed.

Great post…Bentley? I mean why anyone would have him is beyond me a total liability
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

fozzieskem wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 7:56 pm
NICKYKISS wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 7:48 pm Bentley is a moron, which is a shame as he’s not a bad player and he’s a right sided second rower but I wouldn’t go anywhere near him. I also wouldn’t go near Thompson due to his injury problems and huge wage.

Agreed.

Great post…Bentley? I mean why anyone would have him is beyond me a total liability
Plus me😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

fozzieskem wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 7:56 pm

Agreed.

Radley had him 😀