Rads

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
NICKYKISS

Re: Rads

Post by NICKYKISS »

A physical trip down under feels as though it would be for something more long term than a mid season signing. We’re likely to want probably 3 forwards next season and at least 2 would be coming from the NRL you’d imagine (because it’s slim pickings here), so to get sat down face to face with potential signings is good way of trying to steal a march on any competition.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Could well be that he's gone over to complete deals on both mid season and long term signings.
Any number of names could be listed here but it appears no one yet knows the target players.

An interesting development to say the least!
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Who, realistically, would be the best case scenario?

I think we all know worst case would be George Burgess :lol:
Crossy210

Post by Crossy210 »

Blackpool_Pie wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 10:06 pm Who, realistically, would be the best case scenario?

I think we all know worst case would be George Burgess :lol:
To be fair Tom burgess could be great though
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

Tom Burgess has extended at Souths for 3 years I think. Leeds fans thought they had a good chance of getting him.

It could be any number of players he’s talking to. There are players on the off contract list that aren’t huge, household names but are very good players. One advantage this year in regards to picking out players might be the connection with Lee Briers. He will be watching every single player in the comp in his role at Brisbane and has a good relationship with Wigan.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

NICKYKISS wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 11:55 am Tom Burgess has extended at Souths for 3 years I think. Leeds fans thought they had a good chance of getting him.

It could be any number of players he’s talking to. There are players on the off contract list that aren’t huge, household names but are very good players. One advantage this year in regards to picking out players might be the connection with Lee Briers. He will be watching every single player in the comp in his role at Brisbane and has a good relationship with Wigan.
The Briers connection is a very good point.
Big stick

Post by Big stick »

He must be over there talking to Thompson
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

The club have done well to keep the details under wraps.
So far the "Mole" hasn't given us any insight into people and places Rads has been to.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Well I for one feel Rads has wasted his time going down under when players the calibre of luke Gale are.up.for.grabs :lol:
Ginge96

Post by Ginge96 »

It’s also the NRL version of magic weekend this week so it’s a chance to watch everyone in one place