DW

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
fozzieskem

Re: DW

Post by fozzieskem »

Mike wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 10:28 pm Do we want the staduim? Is it a white elephant?
It's an asset that the club would own I suppose at the moment what assets do the club own I suppose the orrelll ground and tackle bags and equipment at present,it's an odd one a ground say like Warrington ground one not to big the club could sell it out week on week but the DW I'm not so sure about but I can certainly see the benefits of owning the ground
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Caboosegg wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 8:01 am It's a shame that no one has the money to do this but in reality the DW should be pulled down and a more fit for purpose for both clubs stadium built. With the space saved build a pub and a smaller chippy :lol:
Now your talking
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
doc

Post by doc »

We could generate income through functions/concerts. Other issue might be that it ups our score on the IMG points system for the franchises if not owning our own ground is an issue.
archiekeith

Post by archiekeith »

[*]
Firestarter wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 8:08 am
Caboosegg wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 8:01 am It's a shame that no one has the money to do this but in reality the DW should be pulled down and a more fit for purpose for both clubs stadium built. With the space saved build a pub and a smaller chippy :lol:
Now your talking
Yes and change the name back to theJJB
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

doc wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 8:10 am We could generate income through functions/concerts. Other issue might be that it ups our score on the IMG points system for the franchises if not owning our own ground is an issue.
If we need the stadium to get us the A grading then we have more pressing issues to resolve.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Gaznier

Post by Gaznier »

Sure we can find a place for that statue in the toilets.
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

I can never decide if we're better off renting the stadium or owning it but I suppose if the opportunity arises to finally be our 'own masters' we should take it. If Mr Lenagan thinks it's better if we own it I'm happy to trust his judgement.
Crossy210

Post by Crossy210 »

Is there any actual substance to this rumour or is it all just rumour designed to annoy latics fans
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

archiekeith wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 8:14 am [*]
Firestarter wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 8:08 am
Now your talking
Yes and change the name back to theJJB
Why would you want to rename the stadium JJB, that ship has sailed, new name needed
How's about The Utterly Superb Stadium, USS Wigan, sounds good to me, it will at least give Saints a run for their money in the silly stadium name stakes
jobo

Post by jobo »

Crossy210 wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 11:42 am Is there any actual substance to this rumour or is it all just rumour designed to annoy latics fans
Think the rumour was started by latics fans