Latics being sold?

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
doc

Re: Latics being sold?

Post by doc »

I think that there is a covenant on the land saying that it must be used for sport / leisure. Don't see the town needing another retail park and given the issues with the pitch can't see many developers wanting to risk building on there anyway given the potential flooding issues and methane off-gas from the old dump.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

doc wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 5:38 pm I think that there is a covenant on the land saying that it must be used for sport / leisure. Don't see the town needing another retail park and given the issues with the pitch can't see many developers wanting to risk building on there anyway given the potential flooding issues and methane off-gas from the old dump.
I’ve just said exactly the same thing 😂 Where the gym & car parks are were all football & rugby league pitches before the DW was built. I used to go & watch amateur RL there as I only lived on that top end of Scot Lane years ago.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

buttmonkey2 wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 5:17 pm One of the previous consortiums that attempted to buy the Latics wanted to move the football team to play at Leigh and sell the ground of to commercial property developers

I'm sure this is the only interest for any potential purchaser. I can only see this going one way and I have the feeling this won't be good for Wigan full stop
It's my understanding The land can't be sold for commercial development. By latics as they don't own the land as Wigan council own it. And would most certainly block it
God2

Post by God2 »

If it’s the guy that’s been trying to buy Morecambe then unfortunately the Tics will liquidate in a matter of years. This guy tried to buy Morecambe and successfully bought significant shares to be a minority shareholder.

His proof of funds…. Crypto Mining, they are done for if this goes thru, Morecambe are absolutely on their arse financially and theres only 6 players on their books.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

God2 wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 6:02 pm If it’s the guy that’s been trying to buy Morecambe then unfortunately the Tics will liquidate in a matter of years. This guy tried to buy Morecambe and successfully bought significant shares to be a minority shareholder.

His proof of funds…. Crypto Mining, they are done for if this goes thru, Morecambe are absolutely on their arse financially and theres only 6 players on their books.
Crypto currency Jesus wept they'll be gone in months
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Been reading a bit about him from his time trying to buy Morecambe doesn't read great. He's got twi drink companies and employs three people with 80k to his name, though he claims both companies are worth in excess of a billion. Crazy at best.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

https://twitter.com/SSTInvesting/status ... 3463233536

This makes for interesting reading!