Withers sigining in doubt

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
thegimble

Re: Withers sigining in do...

Post by thegimble »

adrenalinxx posted:
thegimble posted:
Maybe the reason players have not been announced is that we will not be paying them until January to ensure we come in under cap for the following season.

With so many players left and so fewe come in it might be a way of saving on the cap.

Or do the players only get paid during the season?
Any players signed now would count on next seasons cap not the previous seasons, because their contracts would only technically start in 2007.

The salary spent last year has already been paid, otherwise Wigan would deffinatly be over the salary cap with the announcement of Barrett, Bailey and then Fielden mid way though last season, basically players only count on the cap when their contracts start.
#

You misunderstand.

By dealaying theses contracts and starting the 3 rumors from January we would not be paying them until January so therefore saving money on the cap.

Unless players get paid for the season and not the year. If they get paid for the year then paying a player for 2 months less would save some money and maybe enough to get the house in order.
jollygiant

Post by jollygiant »

confirmed signing in tonights observer along with mollard and lulu
adrenalinxx

Post by adrenalinxx »

thegimble posted:
You misunderstand.

By dealaying theses contracts and starting the 3 rumors from January we would not be paying them until January so therefore saving money on the cap.

Unless players get paid for the season and not the year. If they get paid for the year then paying a player for 2 months less would save some money and maybe enough to get the house in order.
I think I understand now are you saying it there would be lessswages to pay people from January to August than from Sepetemeber to August but like I said before I think all caps are counted from and to a certain date therefore delaying the signings would have no effect.