leului

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
adrenalinxx

Re: leului

Post by adrenalinxx »

jinkin jimmy posted:
Correct. Why on earth is everyone getting so wound up by one hamstring injury? Look what Lockers and Hock came through.
Hock and O'Loughlin did not have hamstring injuries, O'Loughlin had a serious knee injury, and Hock had a knee ligament injury.

Once injuries to bone and ligament are fully healed the ligaments or bone is not going to break again randomly, obviously it can still be broken but hamstring injuries are not like that. Hamstring injuries can occer randomly and are sometime very hard to recover from, LeuLuai has had two hamstring injuries in one season.

There are two possible outcomes:

1) He will recover from the hamstring injury and be fine.

2) He will not recover and hae trouble with hamstring injuries for the rest of his career.

That is why people are going on about LeuLeui's hamstring problem because it is effectivly a 50/50 gamble.
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

adrenalinxx posted:
jinkin jimmy posted:
Correct. Why on earth is everyone getting so wound up by one hamstring injury? Look what Lockers and Hock came through.
Hock and O'Loughlin did not have hamstring injuries, O'Loughlin had a serious knee injury, and Hock had a knee ligament injury.

Once injuries to bone and ligament are fully healed the ligaments or bone is not going to break again randomly, obviously it can still be broken but hamstring injuries are not like that. Hamstring injuries can occer randomly and are sometime very hard to recover from, LeuLuai has had two hamstring injuries in one season.

There are two possible outcomes:

1) He will recover from the hamstring injury and be fine.

2) He will not recover and hae trouble with hamstring injuries for the rest of his career.

That is why people are going on about LeuLeui's hamstring problem because it is effectivly a 50/50 gamble.
Surely it's only a 50/50 gamble if you can prove that 50% of hamstring injuries result in chronic problems for the rest of your career. I would imagine most players will go through hamstring problems at one time or another. Re the broken ankle I wasn't aware of this. However, as you say, this means nothing in terms of long term problems and is simply the luck of the draw. Look how many breaks Steve Hampson had. Despite them all I feel priveleged to have watched him play for Wigan and at no time wanted him replaced. Hopefully Leuluai will also fall into this category.
mickh

Post by mickh »

When Wigan played the London Bronco's at Brentford in 2005 Leului was the best player on the pitch by far, running the show with ease, I know we had Moran in our side then against him and hope he now can show the same skill and 100% effort that he showed that day with hopefully a better "Team" set up.
Having said that the headlines about him last season were thin on the ground, injuries or not, but here's to the future.
stevo38

Post by stevo38 »

i wont name names for case of libel but it was a first team regular and hed had a few but he was adamant in what he said