Faruk Saifullin

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
GeoffN

Re: Faruk Saifullin

Post by GeoffN »

adrenalinxx posted:
Would buying things for the players count as "payments" I think Wigan might have offered players a house and a car to "sweeten" the deal, would that be count on the salary cap or not?
6.3.1 All accommodation costs paid by the club including rent, council tax bills, telephone bills, heating and any other relevant costs. Where a club owns a house then the “rent” shall be deemed to be the “rating value”;

6.3.4 Provision of cars for players, amount to be based on taxable benefit to the player, which will also include car fuel benefits where applicable;
Lazy J

Post by Lazy J »

DaveO posted:

The only legitimate way to make the salary cap money go further is tax avoidance which as far as I am aware con only be done with overseas players via Offshore Benefit Trusts. Wigan have not done this in the past as there is a question mark over whether the Inland Revenue will start to consider them liable for tax which would hit the club with a tax bill.

Some clubs do use the mechanism despite this risk.

Dave

Our scouse friends use this method to avoid tax and the celery cap, the RFL now about it but state that whilst it doesnt officially break the cap, "its not in the spirit" of the cap. But wasnt the reduction in the cap done to remove NI and tax from the cap figure therby closing this loophole? There are various other methods used, which i have heard from varios reliable and unreliable sources but i cant go into them here.

anyway back to stupid rumours.....
There are 10 types of people, those who get binary and those who dont!
Bear

Post by Bear »

Yes back to stupid roumors. :lol: :lol: :lol:
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Lazy J posted:
Our scouse friends use this method to avoid tax and the celery cap, the RFL now about it but state that whilst it doesnt officially break the cap, "its not in the spirit" of the cap. But wasnt the reduction in the cap done to remove NI and tax from the cap figure therby closing this loophole? There are various other methods used, which i have heard from varios reliable and unreliable sources but i cant go into them here.

anyway back to stupid rumours.....
So scousers are afraid of salad too?!

Sorry - today is dragging...
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------