Peacock

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
MrAlex

Peacock

Post by MrAlex »

Bear

Re: Peacock

Post by Bear »

I hope its true but i hope we dont breach the cap and have 6 points off us
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

This can't be anything less than utter nonsense. I'm perfectly prepared to believe that Wigan have craftily saved enough cap space to bring in another prop for next season, but not Peacock. He'd be formidably expensive, plus why on Earth would Leeds let him go?

This chap on the BBC site says the rumour is gathering pace every day. What rumour? If it hasn't made this message board or the message board on RL Fans before now then I very much doubt it's been heard anywhere except in his imagination.

No-one get their hopes up. This is a complete non-starter.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Cruncher posted:
This can't be anything less than utter nonsense. I'm perfectly prepared to believe that Wigan have craftily saved enough cap space to bring in another prop for next season, but not Peacock. He'd be formidably expensive, plus why on Earth would Leeds let him go?

This chap on the BBC site says the rumour is gathering pace every day. What rumour? If it hasn't made this message board or the message board on RL Fans before now then I very much doubt it's been heard anywhere except in his imagination.

No-one get their hopes up. This is a complete non-starter.
There are rumors and then we have stupid rumors done by stupid people.
Warrior4eva

Post by Warrior4eva »

Well i'm new to the board and didn't want to be known for starting rumours but although i'm a wigan fan I do currently live in Leeds. This is a rumour I've heard for the past month now. I have been told that Peacock had caused a stir within the Leeds camp since he arrived and this was one of the reasons for their poor season. Not sure how much truth there is in this as he is a Leeds lad but would the lure of working with noble again see him make the move. Peacock didn't do much this season but had a great Tri Nations under Noble.
highland convert

Post by highland convert »

leedsrugby.com off line 7.20pm wed:conf:
Whos to say Leeds are not struggling with salery cap? Webb for one won't be cheep.
superleague

Post by superleague »

Warrior4eva posted:
Well i'm new to the board and didn't want to be known for starting rumours but although i'm a wigan fan I do currently live in Leeds. This is a rumour I've heard for the past month now. I have been told that Peacock had caused a stir within the Leeds camp since he arrived and this was one of the reasons for their poor season. Not sure how much truth there is in this as he is a Leeds lad but would the lure of working with noble again see him make the move. Peacock didn't do much this season but had a great Tri Nations under Noble.
:eusa16: interesting, doubt it tho, but what an awesome pack we would have IF he came.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

it would explain the purchases of Millard & Withers rather than younger more expensive players :o
Warrior4eva

Post by Warrior4eva »

I agree the pack would be awesome IF Peacock came. I do still worry about salary cap though. It is also a rumour that Leeds are still interested in Pat Richards. If he did go then McAvoy, Ashton or Withers could move to Wing and would free up salary cap to buy Peacock. Don't know who'll be kicking IF he did go.
superleague

Post by superleague »

Warrior4eva posted:
I agree the pack would be awesome IF Peacock came. I do still worry about salary cap though. It is also a rumour that Leeds are still interested in Pat Richards. If he did go then McAvoy, Ashton or Withers could move to Wing and would free up salary cap to buy Peacock. Don't know who'll be kicking IF he did go.
we would just have to score all our tries under the sticks :)