kear in for DV

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
cpwigan

Re: kear in for DV

Post by cpwigan »

:conf: DV is claiming this will be his year in the Wigan Evening Post and has been putting in extra training. I hope and I pray :lol:
Bendy Hendy

Post by Bendy Hendy »

Maybe he can sense the rise of the Warriors as a top force once again, and wants to play a part in it. He has the pedigree to deserve one more chance for me
THI CORNT RUN BOUT LEGS

GET AMUNGST UM
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

Bendy Hendy posted:
Maybe he can sense the rise of the Warriors as a top force once again, and wants to play a part in it. He has the pedigree to deserve one more chance for me
The trouble is that this 'one more chance' means we can't make essential spending elsewhere, like on a third prop.

Unless DV is an absolute revelation in 2007, and I mean in the style of Jamie Lyon, then he'll go down as one of the worst signings Wigan have made in modern times, possibly one of the worst signings ever.
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

Cruncher posted:
Bendy Hendy posted:
The trouble is that this 'one more chance' means we can't make essential spending elsewhere, like on a third prop.

Unless DV is an absolute revelation in 2007, and I mean in the style of Jamie Lyon, then he'll go down as one of the worst signings Wigan have made in modern times, possibly one of the worst signings ever.
DOC MURRAY!
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

FROM A TO B posted:
Cruncher posted:
Bendy Hendy posted:

DOC MURRAY!
When you take into account what DV is costing us, and in particular that this is the age of the salary cap - in other words, a period when we simply can't afford to waste money - then I think DV still comes out as the worst.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

Cruncher posted:
FROM A TO B posted:
Cruncher posted: The trouble is that this 'one more chance' means we can't make essential spending elsewhere, like on a third prop.

DOC MURRAY!
When you take into account what DV is costing us, and in particular that this is the age of the salary cap - in other words, a period when we simply can't afford to waste money - then I think DV still comes out as the worst.
How about Lee Hanson then? He cost us a salary, plus a transfer fee, plus a player who (love him or hate him) has been one of the best in the league for many years. In comparison DV's cost us a salary and, perhaps, salary cap penalty points... Difficult to know which is worse really.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Agreed Fraggle. Lee Hansen by a mile!! Must be the worst deal in RL history!! :angry:
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

jinkin jimmy posted:
Agreed Fraggle. Lee Hansen by a mile!! Must be the worst deal in RL history!! :angry:
Yeah, that was pretty much blind stupidity by our board. If memory serves, we were desperate at the time for a big front-rower and LH was the only one available - we should have realised why.

I seem to think Longy ended up in the frame because his 'King-Chav' attitude to life was finally starting to get up people's noses. Then he went and did something really stupid, which gave the club all the excuse they needed to launch him - but they were still a set of pillocks.
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

[/quote]DOC MURRAY![/quote]

Doc was here for a short time it was clear he was not up to the job ,DV is up to the job if he could be ar*ed only thing he as been here 2 years already and done about 5 good things with ball in hand ,not mentioning the defencive part of his game the money he's on that should be without question ,unless he does well this year he must rank as a big miss along with Moran 2 players who dont deserve to have worn the shirt
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!