kear in for DV

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Fraggle

Re: kear in for DV

Post by Fraggle »

stevo38 posted:
we are over salary cap the accounts have been done 3 times and they cant make them work fact
If we are over the salary cap (and the accounts may not even have been submitted to the RFL yet, the deadline is the New Year) then that's for the 2006 season. That season is now finished so no amount of buying or selling players now will make any difference to whether we were under or over the cap last season. As for any punishment if we were over the limit in 2006, we won't know about that until about next July or August.

As for as 2007 is concerned, it's far too early for anyone to say whether we are over the limit or not, it can all change with players being loaned out, retirements (cf Bai at Bradford announcing his retirement today with immediate effect) or various other factors. Don't listen to anyone who says we are over the limit for next season, we're months away from knowing for sure about that.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

The WEP has now picked up on this rumour too:

http://www.wiganonline.co.uk/ViewArticl ... ID=1937687

jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Flash posted:
And according to that article it is more about staying under the salary cap than as a means of getting in different players! :angry:
If so, this is further evidence of Mo's culpability. DaveO won't say it, but I will. GET MO OUT NOW. :angry:
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

Flash posted:
And according to that article it is more about staying under the salary cap than as a means of getting in different players! :angry:
Since the arrival in the Premiership of Wigan Athletic, the WEP sports department have changed their priorities. These days their RL stories are nothing like as reliable as they used to be.

Don't believe anything you see in the WEP until it's actually confirmed.
chrisJJ

Post by chrisJJ »

if nobby wants them both to go we have to trust him, there's no point worrying about this type of thing, as i have said before, trust in nobby and he will come through!!!
To be the best
you have to beat the best
jayde_hates_longy

Post by jayde_hates_longy »

:conf: vaelikki can go hes a cart horse, pat cant go i really dont want him 2!! :angry: :angry:
R.I.P mike gregory xxxx
true wigan ledgend !!!!

Cummmm on wigaaaaaaaaaan!!

SL CHAMPS 2008

DIRTY FUCKIN SCOUSE WANKERS :)
xxxxxxxxxxxx
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Nobby`s Girl posted:
I dont want Richards to go, I think he didnt really get a propper chance to show us what he can do. He played most of his games in the under 21`s as we had 3 wingers and he was the unlucky one to get dropped out.
I don't think that Richards was unlucky - IMO he just wasn't as good as Dallas or Calderwood. He filled in well for Dallas when he was injured - but I would have rather have a fit Dallas on the wing than Richards.

That said he is here for another season - and hope that he can hit top form now it has been firmly established that he is not a centre.

Getting back on topic - I hope that Kear is daft enough to take DV off of our hands - I don't think that we will miss him!
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

Matthew posted:
Nobby`s Girl posted:
I dont want Richards to go, I think he didnt really get a propper chance to show us what he can do. He played most of his games in the under 21`s as we had 3 wingers and he was the unlucky one to get dropped out.
I don't think that Richards was unlucky - IMO he just wasn't as good as Dallas or Calderwood. He filled in well for Dallas when he was injured - but I would have rather have a fit Dallas on the wing than Richards.
I've got to agree with you. Richards *may* have been the top try scorer, but some of his tries were almost laid on a plate for him and any player with a bit of pace should have been able to get on the end of the kicks through. But he was pretty terrible in defence, arguably worse than DV, and definitely not as good as Calderwood (once he'd found his feet at Wigan) and Dallas. They offered better all-round options, and deserved to retain their places.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

pieater-alex posted:
After reading what people have to say about Richards it looks like he could be on his way.

However if Richards was to go we have 2 problems.

Who would our winger be?

Who would our goal kicker be?

Now if he has been practising his kicking in the off season, then why would we let him go. I think we would miss Richards if he went because we wouldn't have a goal kicker.

However if you read the article it only says 1 player is likely to leave and I think this will be Vaealiki because of the reasons I stated above.

We have replacements for DV however replacing Richards wont be as easy. Not as a player but as a goal kicking winger. Who can play in almost all the back positions.
We perhaps should remember that no-one at Wigan has said anything about Pat Richards leaving. Rumours last season held that he was unhappy here. Other people then stuck their oar in by saying that he's crap and should be sent home. But no-one at the club has said this.

Now, John Kear has admitted that he'd be interested in signing Richards. I'll bet he would. The same way he'd be interested in signing Jamie Lyon and Darren Lockyer if they too were available.

The only way I can see Wigan releasing Pat Richards would be if there was a very decent player exchange or cash settlement as part of the deal, and I doubt Wakey could manage that.

On the other hand, DV is a far more likely proposition. It seems pretty certain that Wigan don't want him any more, that they feel he's costing them too much money and that they need to free up some cap space in order to sign a prop.

I wouldn't at all be surprised to see DV go to Wakey, but only if Wigan had someone lined up who they could spend the cap money on straight away. (They could, of course, need to release him in order to get under the cap - which wouldn't surprise me, given their past record - but I'm hoping against hope that that isn't the case, especially with the recent poor signings we've made).
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

pieater-alex posted:
Cruncher posted:
pieater-alex posted:
After reading what people have to say about Richards it looks like he could be on his way.

However if Richards was to go we have 2 problems.

Who would our winger be?

Who would our goal kicker be?

Now if he has been practising his kicking in the off season, then why would we let him go. I think we would miss Richards if he went because we wouldn't have a goal kicker.

However if you read the article it only says 1 player is likely to leave and I think this will be Vaealiki because of the reasons I stated above.

We have replacements for DV however replacing Richards wont be as easy. Not as a player but as a goal kicking winger. Who can play in almost all the back positions.
We perhaps should remember that no-one at Wigan has said anything about Pat Richards leaving. Rumours last season held that he was unhappy here. Other people then stuck their oar in by saying that he's crap and should be sent home. But no-one at the club has said this.

Now, John Kear has admitted that he'd be interested in signing Richards. I'll bet he would. The same way he'd be interested in signing Jamie Lyon and Darren Lockyer if they too were available.

The only way I can see Wigan releasing Pat Richards would be if there was a very decent player exchange or cash settlement as part of the deal, and I doubt Wakey could manage that.

On the other hand, DV is a far more likely proposition. It seems pretty certain that Wigan don't want him any more, that they feel he's costing them too much money and that they need to free up some cap space in order to sign a prop.

I wouldn't at all be surprised to see DV go to Wakey, but only if Wigan had someone lined up who they could spend the cap money on straight away. (They could, of course, need to release him in order to get under the cap - which wouldn't surprise me, given their past record - but I'm hoping against hope that that isn't the case, especially with the recent poor signings we've made).
I no it's a rumour but it's a more reliable this one than the others. Before people had no sourcesjust saying that a mate had told them or someone from the club had told them. However this time it's in the papers so it's more reliable than the others.

"However if you read the article it only says 1 player is likely to leave"

I no pat Richards was unlikely to leave that's why I said that :conf:
I'd still be wary of anything the WEP says. They seem to be days behind these message boards, even when it comes to rumours.